First Hatch of the Year and My First Hatch...EEK!

She was vibrantly alive a half hour ago, now she's dead. It's all my Cayuga eggs. Someone help
sad.png
are these just babies too weak to make it? What's happening? I left her with her bill out, noisy as can be, walked over to check, bill still out of the egg, no movement, dead.

@Miss Lydia something to consider. I've become emotionally attached to one of the eggs in the incubator right now. She makes the cutest honk, which probably means she's a boy but we're overrun with boys so pretending she's a girl
hide.gif

Any one made a safe hole with their duckies?
@RavynFallen

@WVduckchick

She was vibrantly alive a half hour ago, now she's dead. It's all my Cayuga eggs. Someone help
sad.png
are these just babies too weak to make it? What's happening? I left her with her bill out, noisy as can be, walked over to check, bill still out of the egg, no movement, dead.
sad.png
Oh gosh very strange it's just the Cayuga eggs. I am so sorry.

She was vibrantly alive a half hour ago, now she's dead. It's all my Cayuga eggs. Someone help :(  are these just babies too weak to make it? What's happening? I left her with her bill out, noisy as can be, walked over to check, bill still out of the egg, no movement, dead. 

So sorry... :hugs

How long have your Cayugas been laying? Are they young and these are first eggs within a month of them starting to lay?

@Miss Lydia
 something to consider. I've become emotionally attached to one of the eggs in the incubator right now. She makes the cutest honk, which probably means she's a boy but we're overrun with boys so pretending she's a girl :oops:

Any one made a safe hole with their duckies?

I make safe holes if needed for my Calls... if they don't externally pip 24hrs after they internal pip... just a sharp screw or nail, twist it like a drill just until the tip goes through the shell and the first membrane that's attached to the shell... pinhole sized, any bigger and the inner membrabe can dry out...

@RavynFallen the Cayugas were dropped on me in October or November, and I don't know a whole lot about them. These are the first eggs she's laid for me. Two more gone this morning, five trying to work their way out in the incubator right now. Offhand I don't believe any of the five are Cayuga. I need some to make it. I'm feeling like a duck killer right now :(

Back
Top Bottom