first incubation

I agree with Amy... Almost always lol. We have fairly equal views at this hatching thing and we both have success.
I have to tell you this... And I mean this in the funniest way.. I got schooled on what an internal pip is on a duck thread! The poster said she saw movement in and out of the air cell and asked if that was an internal pip. I said yes. I was then told that it could still just be pressing on the membrane and you "have to see the beak" and not just a triangular shadow. I said "moving in and out of the air cell sure sounds like the membrane has been broken". Anyway, that's the story, for what its worth lol

Are you asking about movement during a regular candling, or during the float test? Do a candling with whatever you use, then do the water.

Okay, I candles half of them. I didn't see any movements but I saw the blood vessels. Some of the air sacs were pretty big. I also didn't see any internal pips

Okay, I candles half of them. I didn't see any movements but I saw the blood vessels. Some of the air sacs were pretty big. I also didn't see any internal pips

If you still see blood vessels then they aren't ready yet (or they've quit) Are you seeing them up around the air cell? Or in the pointy end?

Around the air cell but not in the air cell. I'll take a picture once the humidity goes back up. I was careful not to let it drop too low.

Around the air cell but not in the air cell. I'll take a picture once the humidity goes back up. I was careful not to let it drop too low.
If I still saw good veining, I'd have to leave them for another day, but I wouldn't be hopeful. But...you never know. They could have been in a cool spot in the bator and just developed slightly slower.

After taping I saw a few move. Here are some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom