first incubation

Still nothing. I'm sad that I might have done something that caused the last 7 chicks not to grow and hatch. At the same time, it's my first attempt at incubation. I am going to try again using a different incubator. I am happy that the 3 that did hatch are doing very well. Right now I don't know if I should open the remaining eggs or wait till tomorrow (today is day 23).

Still nothing. I'm sad that I might have done something that caused the last 7 chicks not to grow and hatch. At the same time, it's my first attempt at incubation. I am going to try again using a different incubator. I am happy that the 3 that did hatch are doing very well. Right now I don't know if I should open the remaining eggs or wait till tomorrow (today is day 23).

At least do the float/wiggle test first. It is NOT fun to open an egg and find a living baby in it.

Okay, I first watched a video on YouTube so I would know what to look for. I then did the float/wiggle test on the remaining 7 eggs. They did not wiggle. I will open them up tomorrow but I do t know what to look for to find out why they didn't hatch.

Okay, I first watched a video on YouTube so I would know what to look for. I then did the float/wiggle test on the remaining 7 eggs. They did not wiggle. I will open them up tomorrow but I do t know what to look for to find out why they didn't hatch.

That's to bad
1f622.png
. Post pics and it will be easier to help. If you can post pics.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.... still open them carefully, start with the air cell, peel it off, and check for movement again.If none, then you can break in. Once you open it up, you will see the amount of development, whether the yolk sac was absorbed or not, etc.

Here's a good link with pictures of day by day development that should help.
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/03/chicken-embryo-development-views-from.html

Okay, I opened the eggs. They were all fully developed, three of them had absorbed the all of the yolk, and 4 of them had not. It seems as though something had happened to them all at the same time. One time the humidity had gotten up to 82, and one time the temperature had gotten up to 104. I don't know if this was the cause or not. There were no internal pips. If I can get more eggs I will try again with a better incubator for lockdown.

Okay, I opened the eggs. They were all fully developed, three of them had absorbed the all of the yolk, and 4 of them had not. It seems as though something had happened to them all at the same time. One time the humidity had gotten up to 82, and one time the temperature had gotten up to 104. I don't know if this was the cause or not. There were no internal pips. If I can get more eggs I will try again with a better incubator for lockdown.
The humidity spike shouldn't be a factor. Humidity is a killer when you speak in terms of average, not at any given moment. The 104 could have depending on how long it was at that temp.

Back
Top Bottom