first incubation

You will know pretty soon if they are fertile or not. Don't stress too much over it. If this person sells good fertile eggs, its still a possibility that you might have a clear or two, but that's not unusual.

And I was typing out stuff about 55% humidity too, but Amy sums it up. I agree 55% is too high for NC.

(( Amy - you should put your blog link in your signature! ))
I should, shouldn't I...lol Thanks for the idea...lol

I should, shouldn't I...lol Thanks for the idea...lol

wink.png

I'm so excited. I just went to check on my eggs and decided to candle a few of the. I know it's early. So far I can see veining in the white ones. The others are darker shells so I will have to wait on those. But, yay, their growing. I must be doing something right.

Once your chicks hatch, how often do you completely clean out the brooder? I've been cleaning it out every other day.

I cleaned it out every day. The amount of poop grows rapidly as they grow. I ended up ditching the shavings and just laying out paper towels, that seemed to be the fast way to remove the mess especially in the morning.

Not sure if that is what you mean by "completely" but that is what I did. The dishes would get washed out if they got soiled.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom