First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Hopefully it doesn't become double ugly!  Bwahahaha!

It looks really tall and skinny.  What do you believe will happen when you breed that beast to the saipan??  You are heading towards ostrich by the current appearance.
The marans had oriental game in their foundation stock,for some reason the crossing with the welp slow grow caused the oriental game characteristics to express strongly. Im hoping by crossing with the Saipan to see these traits further emphasized. My saipan hens do not have this type of confirmation.

Guess what we having for dinner again
1f600.png

I'm loving these Sasso Gallic chickens
1f44d.png

Hopefully not as well done as the last  
1f644.png

Ok Dave, I have to be the slow kid here
1f61d.png
I went back 4 or 5 pages and can't figure if "Sasso" is a type of chicken, or a method of cooking said chicken.... Enlighten me man!

Hi FD,
The Sasso Gallic I kept back for breeding and some young Buff Rocks

Gallic Pullets

Buff Rocks at the back

This Gallic Pullet is a very nice Salmon colour

I kept back the 2 lightest roosters in the hope they make it fit enough to breed
I have high hopes They can also cover the Farm ranger hens as well as the Gallic.

Last edited:
I also have a batch of Sasso medium grow Farm Rangers coming through (similar to your Red Rangers) the plan is to keep hens back to cross with the Gallic roosters.

Also both will be crossed with my Cornish and I will compare growth rates, maturity, meat yields and flavour between all of them.

This is probably the Big fella that will be supplying the Cornish side of the crosses.

Nice birds! I like the build you are working with. Your dark cornish looks good, much like a dark I once had. I'll be following your progress with the Gallic.

Back
Top Bottom