First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

These are my feed amounts

What should I feed my chickens, starting from day old chicks. I know that there are different things for different ages. I'm talking broilers.
I go pretty simple, organic scratch and peck chick starter, 24/7 access till about day 10 then switch over to 12 hours on, 12 hours off and gradually start adding modesto organic grower formula for an 8 week harvest.

Ok I'm wondering when I should move my chicks from starter to grower and from grower to finisher? Either on age or consumption from my chart.

Ok I'm wondering when I should move my chicks from starter to grower and from grower to finisher? Either on age or consumption from my chart.

I start mixing 50/50 with the starter and grower when they are about 8 weeks, then more grower and less started the next mix and have them on grower by 10 weeks. The food I use is grower/finisher and they stay on that till at point of lay(for the pullet) then I mix some with the layer for a week or two.

I need help with coop construction and droppings board. It's a 4'x4' coop I'm building, I need 2 nest boxes and 2 roosting bars plus some middle space. I'm intending for the roost bar closer to the wall to be a bit higher, and the droppings board is located under. Just not sure how to remove the droppings board.
I would cover the board with newspaper. When done, throw it in the compost bin.

Just went out and evicted the rooster I had over the dark cornish. I think I stuck two better looking dark cornish males in with them. Won't know till daylight.lol wasn't coming back in for the flashlight

Last edited:
I start mixing 50/50 with the starter and grower when they are about 8 weeks, then more grower and less started the next mix and have them on grower by 10 weeks. The food I use is grower/finisher and they stay on that till at point of lay(for the pullet) then I mix some with the layer for a week or two.
are you talking about CX, thought that was what the question was about? by 8-9 weeks, they are in freezer camp unless you are willing to juggle the potential for health trouble and very huge birds. I'm seeing 7 lbs dressed by 8th week. I can't imagine waiting so long to switch over to grower for CX. I'm at three weeks and at 100% grower. i'm on my third round of CX and it's worked well for me.

Back
Top Bottom