First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

The restricted feed is the way to go IMO,the birds grow plenty fast with less problems. Be warned... CX are not your normal chicken. They have the ability to tug at the heart strings. They are are sweet gentle birds,and it can be difficult to process them.

This is the start of my meat project year 2

After all of my Wyndotte banty eggs were clear
1f624.png

It left 21 eggs in the incy

So we have my Sasso slow growth Hybrid x Sasso medium growth Hybrid eggs which I will call Bishop Rangers for short
1f600.png

And Sasso slow growth Hybrid x Cukoo Marans which I will call Bishop Blacks (but depends what colour they really turn out)
1f609.png

So far I have 14 chicks out
1f44d.png

This is the start of my meat project year 2

After all of my Wyndotte banty eggs were clear
1f624.png

It left 21 eggs in the incy

So we have my Sasso slow growth Hybrid x Sasso medium growth Hybrid eggs which I will call Bishop Rangers for short
1f600.png

And Sasso slow growth Hybrid x Cukoo Marans which I will call Bishop Blacks (but depends what colour they really turn out)
1f609.png

So far I have 14 chicks out
1f44d.png
I'd be interested to see what those chicks look like neat hybrid for sure

how long do you all keep providing a heat source? I'm around day 30 with ambient temps in the mid 50's tonight but still averaging in the mid 40's. today the CX are spread out, some quite a ways from the heat lamp. I turned off the lamp for a few hours during the day and no one seemed to be complaining when I returned. I'm temped to let them go a night without heat.

Back
Top Bottom