First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg
The popular broiler breeder company Hubbard has 5 types of conventional females and two fast growth males. If you figured, you cross one of the females with the males to get a commercial Cornish Cross. I'm going with the classic female and yellow skinned male. The male and female both look like white rocks.

Ha ha, my mom does it because she doesn't have to pay for noisy smelly crickets that disgust me, annoy me, are extremely hard to breed, and a waste of money. She doesn't have to do anything with my mealworms except very rarely buy another 100 count. But she's having second thoughts...

I have never raised meal worms....Some breeders of corurnix quail raise them. I have raised a truck load of quail... A dude that has a truck load of meal worms, should have a few coturnix to feed them too.... ;-)

I'm also raising meal worms for my meat birds. Too bad they didn't produce worms in time to feed them to my meaties. I set up my MW farm in March, and I just started seeing teeny tiny meal worms. Tomorrow is processing day for the birds. Timing is everything. Well my layers will enjoy them in a few weeks. Maybe next time lol.

Back
Top Bottom