First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

The Bird in the Smoker is a Toad. It is not a Bert. Smoking a Bert would be a High Crime. They are the King Bird....

There is a whole legal process that we have to go through to smoke a Bert. There is a Bird on Death row now that use to be a Bert.

It requires the Bert to commit at least one major crime. This Ex-Bert drove his beak about 1/4 inch into my leg when he decided he did not want to go to bed one night. But even that did not send him to death row. A few nights later at bed time he decided to jump a pullet (toad) and breed her. Which is his royal right to to.

This Ex-Bert jumped on the pullet and bred her hard and furiously. So hard he ripped the feathers above her wing and drew copious amounts of blood from the cuts on her back.

For this offense the Ex Bert was given a trial. The Judge in the trial after examining the evidence, Declared this Birds name to not be Bert, but from now forward to be known as "OJ".

OJ was condemned to death for his crimes. However, A bleeding heart liberal judge stepped in and demanded we attempt to rehabilitate OJ. OJ is not in a cell on death row. He has been given a certain but secret amount of time to rehabilitate himself.

If he does not rehabilitate himself or if he is released and breaks probation the original sentence will be reinstated and the sentence will be carried out.

This is OJ in his cell.
lol, you're a lot more forgiving than I would be

The Bird in the Smoker is a Toad. It is not a Bert. Smoking a Bert would be a High Crime. They are the King Bird....

There is a whole legal process that we have to go through to smoke a Bert. There is a Bird on Death row now that use to be a Bert.

It requires the Bert to commit at least one major crime. This Ex-Bert drove his beak about 1/4 inch into my leg when he decided he did not want to go to bed one night. But even that did not send him to death row. A few nights later at bed time he decided to jump a pullet (toad) and breed her. Which is his royal right to to.

This Ex-Bert jumped on the pullet and bred her hard and furiously. So hard he ripped the feathers above her wing and drew copious amounts of blood from the cuts on her back.

For this offense the Ex Bert was given a trial. The Judge in the trial after examining the evidence, Declared this Birds name to not be Bert, but from now forward to be known as "OJ".

OJ was condemned to death for his crimes. However, A bleeding heart liberal judge stepped in and demanded we attempt to rehabilitate OJ. OJ is not in a cell on death row. He has been given a certain but secret amount of time to rehabilitate himself.

If he does not rehabilitate himself or if he is released and breaks probation the original sentence will be reinstated and the sentence will be carried out.

This is OJ in his cell.

Lol :lau

Have you tried removing/trimming the following spurs and nails? It might help... the game folk can help with how to... also if he is young they tend to loose their roo minds.

Unrelated... building Second coop very soon, started cleaning up area I plan to put it and move older smaller coop from that area to other side of black fenced in area... in process of wrestling that coop up and over veggie beds by myself discovered I have more than a tomato thief critter raiding in there at night... something has been trying to gnaw through wood of little coop to get at my birds and something (could be same or different) has been trying to burrow into area but failed becuase of bricks laid as walk ways and wire dug down into raised veggie beds... critters can squeeze through outer black bars... this means the old coop will have to have a secure floor too in it's new location the old Hollyhock bed which is right now weeds and Bermuda Grass... but first got to clean up bricked area, the hens spread my landscaping bark all over it.

But my plan of anti burrowing floor to keep hens safe seems to have been working... gnawing may require me adding additional wood to old pens base to shore up that damaged area.

My worrying based on previous experience seems justified.. I wish I could build a coop with hot wire added on outside... security camera and audio monitoring system and motion sensors on doors... but hubby would then be asking where my tin foil hat is...

This is OJ in his cell.
What is a Bert? Otherwise

:goodpost::yuckyuck

A Bert is the king or Heir apparent to the Toad Kingship.

IMG_7039 (2).JPG

This is OJ, He was a Bert, until he bit the leg that fed him. He is now OJ.

He is a baby here. They dress out at a little over 15 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom