First Time Egg Candler Scared!

Oh!!! Makes perfect sense now. Thanks!
smile.png

can't believe your confused WV . good to see you on line again Cole just got back to town . what are you hatching this time? next question did you calibrate your hygrometer. if not do a search on how to calibrate hygrometers . running dry is good but sounds like the humidity is a little low . add a few DROPS of water . I use an 20 CC syringe with a tube out of a spray bottle and go through a vent hole. add 2 or 3 CCs at a time to adjust . very small amounts allow you to control humidity better. Good luck with your hatch .

can't believe your confused WV . good to see you on line again Cole just got back to town . what are you hatching this time? next question did you calibrate your hygrometer. if not do a search on how to calibrate hygrometers . running dry is good but sounds like the humidity is a little low . add a few DROPS of water . I use an 20 CC syringe with a tube out of a spray bottle and go through a vent hole. add 2 or 3 CCs at a time to adjust . very small amounts allow you to control humidity better. Good luck with your hatch .
thanks i am going to do this

No, I read that before lockdown it should be 45-55%, but most of the time its been 45% but I added a little extra water this time...

What is the dry incubation method? 

Its not truly "dry". It just means not adding any water. You will still get humidity naturally from the air. Most of us maintain 30-35% easily without extra water. Depends on where you live and your local humidity too.

oh ok thanks, I will see what my bator does with that. 

I'm forgetting day 0, or the first 24 hours.  Ignore most of that... but I still want thoughts on morning or afternoon lockdown....

I just lockdown on day 18 and take them out when I cant see the floor any more

Any time after day 14 is okay for lockdown.  If I had to travel, given a choice between stopping turning on day 14 or day 19, I'd go for day 14 every time.
You know, you could always go back and read your own thread. A lot of this has been covered...

Hey guys so I tested the accuracy of my 3 hermometers. The Incutherm Now seems just really messed up it didnt even get below 45. My thermometer that was reading 97 read 32, and the one reading 98 read 33 so it lines up. So I am calibrating my incubator to line upp with the thermometer that read 32, does this sound like what I should do. I am guessing the incutherm with probably read 102-103ish range

Back
Top Bottom