First Time Egg Candler Scared!

When i run dry my hydros say 22% and 10%. Still ok to run dry? Should I just candle and adjust accrdingly? 

22% is probably close dry, but I would expect a little higher in NC, but it also depends on the environment in your house (a/c, how warm or cool, etc)

The 22% with water in the bator I would put money on it that it is wrong. Do the salt test on it. The bator sounds more accurate at 63% with water in it. If you are worried, take out all the water and just wet a sponge and place it in the bator. That should give you enough humidity to keep it adequate w/o giving you too much.

He said dry 22% and 10%
1f601.png

But if those are accurate, I would agree on just a damp sponge.

By the way Cole, if you do get a chance to look for a new meter, you want a "hygrometer" not "hydrometer". A hydrometer measures specific gravity of a liquid. You want a hygrometer to measure relative humidity. I know its just one letter, but they are two different instruments. Would hate for you to buy the wrong thing. :)

Yea I missed that 63% comment.

So which is right coleson?
I have 2 hyGrometers. With water in incubator they read about 63% and 22%. Without water the hygrometer that read 63% now reads 22% and the 22% now reads 10%. Does that clarify. For now at least I will be doing dry incubation and checking air cells and adjusting as needed.

Back
Top Bottom