First Time Egg Candler Scared!

LOL, It's probably me! but when I clicked the link it took me to a blank page. I wiated for it to load but nothing happened. ???

He's been going incognito on us....lol

Yea - out on a 10 day road trip!  I'm lucky to get 2 days away!!  Sheeesh!!

One out and onen zipped.

Okay I know I'm a little late to the convo.... but we actually candled eggs twice in my classroom!!!

We got the eggs from a local farm, and candled on Day 7 and Day 18 and then put the eggs in lockdown!!!

We watched this video with our kindergarteners so that they could help us recognize the "Winners", "Quitters" and "Yolkers" and you could definitely see the differences! We labeled the eggs as we put them back and then checked in with them when they hatched to see if we were right about our predictions!

On Day 7 candling, we saw some small embryos floating around... if we were patient enough they floated to the front eventually... but we kept each egg out for maybe two minutes MAX!

We also didn't use the candler that came with the kit... Our classroom wasn't dark enough and the candler wasn't giving us much, so I downloaded a flashlight app on my phone and the LED light was perfect when we put it right up against the shell!!! Really clear view and free if you have a phone!

Day 18 we could really see some action so the kids were stoked when we hatched out 18 beautiful little babies (out of 24) after the weekend! Imagine walking into a classroom on Monday morning to the sound of many hungry peepers!!!!! Instant parenthood gratification!!! :)

Hope this helped!!! It was so nerve wracking but exciting! Good to have an extra set of hands to help too! One person candles the other transports out of and into incubator!

today is day 4 under a broody (first time broody and first time egg hatching for me) i'm soooo nervous!! she has 3 eggs under her. i candled for the heck of it yesterday and 2 i just see a "yolk" and one is can see veins. all were put under her same time same day.

Okay I know I'm a little late to the convo.... but we actually candled eggs twice in my classroom!!!

We got the eggs from a local farm, and candled on Day 7 and Day 18 and then put the eggs in lockdown!!!

We watched this video with our kindergarteners so that they could help us recognize the "Winners", "Quitters" and "Yolkers" and you could definitely see the differences! We labeled the eggs as we put them back and then checked in with them when they hatched to see if we were right about our predictions!

On Day 7 candling, we saw some small embryos floating around... if we were patient enough they floated to the front eventually... but we kept each egg out for maybe two minutes MAX!

We also didn't use the candler that came with the kit... Our classroom wasn't dark enough and the candler wasn't giving us much, so I downloaded a flashlight app on my phone and the LED light was perfect when we put it right up against the shell!!! Really clear view and free if you have a phone!

Day 18 we could really see some action so the kids were stoked when we hatched out 18 beautiful little babies (out of 24) after the weekend! Imagine walking into a classroom on Monday morning to the sound of many hungry peepers!!!!! Instant parenthood gratification!!! :)

Hope this helped!!! It was so nerve wracking but exciting! Good to have an extra set of hands to help too! One person candles the other transports out of and into incubator!
Cangrats! I bet the kids were thrilled.

today is day 4 under a broody (first time broody and first time egg hatching for me) i'm soooo nervous!! she has 3 eggs under her. i candled for the heck of it yesterday and 2 i just see a "yolk" and one is can see veins. all were put under her same time same day.

Day 4 is still really early, so dont be discouraged yet!

Back
Top Bottom