first time incubating

I managed to use tweezers this morning and pinched off the umbilical cord closer to the egg. It was pretty dried up so no bleeding but he's still got about a centimeter of dried umbilical cord on his belly. I also helped him get a drink from a bottle cap and he really; went at. He still can't stand on his own though, just kinda flopping and rollling himself around.

Not sure where to post this, I already posted it in a different thread but it was really old so I don't think anyone read it! Can anyone tell me if this egg is infertile or if that darker red center of the yolk means it is fertile? Thanks in advance.

Can't really tell on my phone. Pics dont blow up well. Are you incubating it or what?

I managed to use tweezers this morning and pinched off the umbilical cord closer to the egg. It was pretty dried up so no bleeding but he's still got about a centimeter of dried umbilical cord on his belly. I also helped him get a drink from a bottle cap and he really; went at. He still can't stand on his own though, just kinda flopping and rollling himself around.

Awwww! How sweet. He will get his strength up. He just went through major trauma lol What does you son think about him?

Awwww! How sweet. He will get his strength up. He just went through major trauma lol What does you son think about him?

He was so excited when he got home from school and I told him someone was waiting to meet him. He screamed " my ducky"and took off running. He keeps asking when he can hold and pet him.

Yeah I'm incubating it, just not sure if it's fertiled. It has a round yellow yolk and a darker red center, but it's a pretty big center, not a small dot like I'm seeing of some embryo pictures. Does an infertile egg have differing colors within the yolk?

Can't really tell on my phone. Pics dont blow up well. Are you incubating it or what?

Yeah I'm incubating it, just not sure if it's fertiled. It has a round yellow yolk and a darker red center, but it's a pretty big center, not a small dot like I'm seeing of some embryo pictures. Does an infertile egg have differing colors within the yolk?

Once you've incubated for 7 days you should be able to clearly see the embryo and blood vessels as well as movement in the egg. I never really tried to figure it out before that.

Back
Top Bottom