Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

This I HAVE to try! the flies this year are RIDICULOUS! Even places were no chickens are at all are swarming with flies recently! i am switching to vanilla soap and going for air fresheners first thing!

Of course I have to try this one. If it gets rid of the flies I will be the happiest person ever. Wish I knew about mosquitos but it has been so dry here this year that I will not be able to say one way or the other. It hasn't rained in over a month. Was supposed to rain tonight but still nothing. Starting to think the weatherman is doing like he did the last time we had a drought. Just hoping for rain and calling for it whenever there is a slight chance just to keep people's hopes up. Gonna love it if this works for flies though. MY chickens and my pig will love it too.
smile.png

thumbsup.gif

I'm gonna load up on them tomorrow! I'd try almost anything to get rid of the darn flies, it won't look any sillier then the bags of water and will smell better. The water bags don't work here, I think you need more direct sun then my covered front porch and W. WA skies provide.

Quote:
Well, I swear I think I read it on a thread here on BYC about fly problems. I'll search it so I can give proper credit
big_smile.png
I decided that they are certainly cheap and the stinky fly traps we had put up were catching quite a few....but we still had flies buzzing around in the coops.

I can't stand the smell of them but since our coops are open air, I knew it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm going to replace them today because they've started losing their smell.

Apparently it works on people too... http://www.ehow.com/how_2257484_make-insect-repellent-vanilla-extract.html

Thank you so much for sharing this. You know you just started a nationwide "run" on these air fresheners don't you? HA!!!!

As for Mosquitos, I am the sacrificial bait for my coops. All I do is walk past them and I gather all the mosquitos in a half mile area.

Back
Top Bottom