Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

I've been thinking of hanging my old bug zapper in the run. When the chickens wake up they can have fresh fried bugs for breakfeast. I used to keep a small one on in my laundry room and during the day time it killed flies, so I'm seriously thinking about trying this out.

Last edited:
I just hung a few of them out this afternoon I will check back in tomorrow Lord willing
smile.png

The other thing I use in my coop for fly repellent is Orange Guard, It is safe to use in your house and is a natural pest repellent. I spray it in the coop and kills flies pretty quick, and does seem to repel them. It is actually an orange oil?

There is another "natural" insect killer and repellent that is made with lemongrass. I have sprayed the spider webs inside the coops with this and it has definitely helped...and it smells great!!

I just put a vanilla Christmas tree in my coop. Had to hang it on the wire up high; its a chicken tractor. It does have a certain vanilla 'stink'! I'm actually hoping for a mosquito repellant outcome....

Hmmm never heard of it.I have been using those stinky trap's for the last couple year's here.I was just getting ready to pick up a few more this weekend.I may try a few of these around our front porch.Living between 2 propertie's with cattle and horse's and the bird's and duck's here the flie's have alway's been Insane.I will still use the trap's in area's away from house cause they are awesome at how many they trap.I Keep some of the sticky roll's in the coop's also.I hate how many get in house though.Can't use spray's in house and I won't put those strip's up in house DH hate's them. so Im basicaly Marshall Dillon with fly swat at side all the time.Swat swat sweep sweep mop mop.
barnie.gif
.I wonder if you could make something like Homemade from natural Vanilla?
idunno.gif
.Maybe put some in a cheap potpourri burner for like your outside living area if that would work.It's an idea I guess.Now Im going to be looking for vanilla this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom