Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Quote:
I'm like that too....mosquitos eat me up! Hubby says "Eat more garlic! Eat more garlic!" Well, I don't want to smell garlicy! LOL I will definitely try that fly repellent though! I'll hang them around the chicken runs.......Great, cheap idea! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon

lau.gif
I think I am going to buy stock in my local scented Christmas tree air freshner manufacturer. I have to try it..the flys are have been relentless this year. Thanks for sharing the tip!!!

NO WAY!! We have a horrible fly issues and I have tried a million things too! I have been going through our Stall Dry like it's going out of style trying to keep the flies away and it just doesn't seem to work. We are hitting the store after my son's piano lessons today and guess what I'm picking up!! Thanks so much for the tip....this site rocks!!!!!

Homemade Natural Mosquito Repellant:

1 cup water
1 T clear vanilla extract
1 T Orange oil

mix in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use. I use it when I am out on the porch drinking my coffee, at dawn. I almost never get bitten. My husband, refuses to use it and sits there and swats a hundred mosquitos and gets bitten.
roll.png

Thanks Shelley...I'll make some up today. I use DEET based spray because I HAVE to have something to keep from being eaten alive, but I always worry about using it. I just about choke to death just spraying it on outside
roll.png

I put up the trees a few days ago. This has been the absolute WORST year for flies. We rearranged the coops last weekend and, when we raked the runs, found maggots under the soil
sickbyc.gif
I just feel Im losing this battle. I bought those parasite larvae things earlier this year and have yet to see one... probably under the soil doing their job but, there is no gratification in that!!!!

Anyway, we have the trees in the coops and the traps near the coops. The traps are baited so I was wondering how that would work? like cancelling eachother out? Well, I have noticed a decrease in the flies but, the traps are filling fast. ...maybe they are leaving the coops alone and going for the bait more
idunno.gif
All I know is that Im sick of the flies. My whole day entails the killing of flies by whatever means necessary. IT'S WAR!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom