Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Quote:
LOL!!! I hear dryer sheets work for mosquitos.. My moms friend rubbs them on her cloths and carries them in her purse..
idunno.gif

I have noticed less flies around both the chickens and rabbits.....the rabbits were really bad before. I also have a lovely vanilla scent wafting through the yard ( does that sound like a commercial LOL )

Day 8 - Tree under dining table on the front terrace.

Virtually no flies today (near the table anyway). I think it might be losing some of it's fragrance or I could just be getting more used to it.

Definitely works to reduce mosquitos at night. I had originally thought that it was also deterring geckos, but then 'duh me', it's more likley that the gecko aren't hanging near the table because there's not many insects near the table.

I'm thinking of trying one in the house to see if it stops the misquitos coming in but I'm not sure that I could stand the smell, although I like it is quite overpowering.

How much will Mr Magic/Little Tree pay us for the results of our scientific research I wonder ?
smile.png

Maybe I could construct a scientific experiment.

Take 2 identical large plastic storage containers and put both of them on the front porch but a minimum of 20 feet apart. Put chicken poop in the bottom of both of them. Hang a vanilla magic tree in one of them. Then see if the flies stay out of the one with the tree.

Problem is...I don't have flies on the front porch anymore because there are a couple of trees hanging out there
big_smile.png

Anybody else willing to give it a try??

OK all you Magic Tree Vanillaroma users.....any updates from the weekend?

It's been so hot and humid here (heat index was 115 on Saturday) that I don't see how a fly could survive...but I'm sure they are like roaches and Cher!!

I have not bought the trees as of yet. I read this about 2 weeks ago and had some extremely high quality extract that i have had for over 15 years. I put it in a garden weed sprayer, the pump kind................. and went out and hit the surrounding area of the rabbits, on top of the manure, and on the back board. HUGE difference!!!
Now, I am sure it doesnt last as long as the trees but wow! what a difference.

the lady with 4 dogs, 4 city chickens, 5 meat rabbits, their kits and a lizard.

Back
Top Bottom