Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

well i put the vanilla trees out 2 days ago and WOW! no flies on the deck. i'm not though, new jersey has gotten alot cooler so maybe that is helping also. Thank - You for posting this info, the flies have been extra terrible this year, especially the horse flies around the pool. ugh!

They may not be as effective in the wide open. Inside our barn (kind of like the tackroom area) I have one of those battery operated automatic air fresheners with a can of the vanilla fragrance in it. There are NO flies in the barn anymore! Inside the coops they have protection from the rain so that helps too.

well, I have been using them and have noticed a diminished fly population! Well, was still hesitant to believe it really worked, bought some spray to renew the scent on the trees and while cleaning the run and coop...went back and ALL flies were gone! it does work, just out in the run I have to put more of them out and refresh the scent every couple of weeks!

Ok I tried this in my milk room and on my screened in back porch. IT WORKS!
Then I noticed I also dont have anymore ants in my kitchen.ILove you!

I thought it was about time for the flies to start buzzing around and wanted to re-up this thread for the testimonials.

Another thing that has worked well inside my barn is the automatic air freshener that sprays every 10 minutes or so (you can adjust the time) with a vanilla refill in it. Inside the tack room/feed room part of the barn it keeps the flies gone!!

Quote:
Is there a particular place you need to hang it? I have zillions of flies on my patio...

As long as it isn't exposed to the rain. You might need to hang several of them for maximum effect. I recently bought 2 cans of the spray so I can refresh the "trees" every week or so. Need to keep that "fragrance" up!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom