FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello from Central FL! We keep quail since we're not really allowed to keep chickens (our landlord company has already forced a friend of ours to get rid of her hens, despite it being legal within our county), and because we're pretty limited in space.

We're currently looking for interesting quail colors + celadon quail, if anyone near the Orlando/Ocala areas is looking to offload/sell their birds/eggs!

balloons.gif

balloons.gif

Welcome to the Florida Chat Thread!!
Let's see how many BYC members are in FLORIDA!!
Visit our Member page & add yourself to our list:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/florida-always-sunny-side-up

Talk away Floridians or share pictures, and hope to see all of you some day at a swap. If you have stuff that you want to offer to your neighbors, you can post here too.
Unable to add name to list and unable send message to Cmom. Getting an error message.

Is anyone in the southern Florida area close to Tampa that knows how to wrap a duckling for angling I am willing to pay she is a call Duck so she’s super small and she will not let me wrap her the way it needs to be done I have tried for hours

If anyone in Southern Florida knows how to wrap for angel wing for a little duckling, she’s a call duckling, so she’s small sorry I don’t really know how to do the form thing yet, but I will figure it out

If you're referring to Angel Wing, and only 1 wing is affected, push the wing into place close to her body, then wrap over that wing, across the top body, and under the other wing across the bottom of the body. Wrap it 3-4 times. Not too tight, but not loose enough that it will easily fall off. I re-wrap once a day, but don't go longer than every other day before re-wrapping it. If both wings are affected, pull one wing close to the body, wrap across the outside of it, then go across the body to the other wing, which will also need to be close to the body, then go under the body, back to the first wing, over it, and around again. There are several good youtube videos to get you started, if you google how to wrap a duck wing. BTW, angel wing is usually caused by diet. l

If you're referring to Angel Wing, and only 1 wing is affected, push the wing into place close to her body, then wrap over that wing, across the top body, and under the other wing across the bottom of the body. Wrap it 3-4 times. Not too tight, but not loose enough that it will easily fall off. I re-wrap once a day, but don't go longer than every other day before re-wrapping it. If both wings are affected, pull one wing close to the body, wrap across the outside of it, then go across the body to the other wing, which will also need to be close to the body, then go under the body, back to the first wing, over it, and around again. There are several good youtube videos to get you started, if you google how to wrap a duck wing. BTW, angel wing is usually caused by diet. l
Yes, I totally believe it’s the diet. I have them on Flock razor since they were little because it was the smallest thing I could find that they could eat because they’re Bantom ducks, but my older dog the same thing happened. I switched her food and her wing corrected itself, but my little one it’s only one wing thing goodness but it is a little worse than the other one was and I switched the food about 3 days ago and still a problem, I tried to wrap her for two hours last night. She will not have any of it. She hates it so I’m gonna try the way you suggest it again and see if I can get it to work. She’s just so small it’s hard.

It can take more time calming them down, so you can work with them, than it takes to do the actual wrapping, until they get used to it. Be patient. If possible, another set of hands wouldn't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom