BoradorBeans

Songster
Jul 20, 2023
Tampa, FL, USA
Oh gosh, here we are again.

Looking for potential adopters of mixed Runner Ducklings (Chocolate Runners x White/Fawn Runners - who may he mixed with Pekins) in Florida (we're in Tampa, but will travel for a good home).

BACK STORY:

Let me back up. In October, we rescued Delly as a 2-week old duckling. He was supposed to be raised with our 3 Ancona ducklings and either be adopted by a local high-preforming middle school or stay with one of the Anconas here. However, he had respiratory issues and needed to be separated from everyone for over a week - and then the little guy had a foot fracture that required surgery. The Anconas have since been adopted.

Okay - we knew we'd be adopting Rue, a 4yr old Muscovy house duck in November - which we did. And Delly (still recovering then from his amputation indoors) was ecstatic for a friend. But Rue is a people duck and afraid of Delly. While they co-habitate in our home, Delly is still alone. He spends his days sitting at the screen door, waiting for our outside ducks to come by - 3 of which chase him every time he's in the yard.

Our heart breaks for this guy, who's fully recovered and desperate for a friend.

Back to our runners... our two chocolate runners have laid fertile eggs. A lot of them. We've put most in the fridge for baking but we thought one of the hatchling could potentially be Delly's new BFF. So... we have 3 eggs in an incubator with a few days remaining before they hatch.

We can't have more ducks (we live in an HOA that is somehow allowing us to keep our little flock (they're fascinated by them and the neighborhood kids come over to play with them). We are planning to keep one of the little guys and have him stay with Delly, who is so gentle and cuddly (a Pekin). If the others hatch, they will need a home.

So...... long back story, but we're trying hard to give our ducks their best lives, and that includes bringing up Delly's spirits.

Is anyone interested in adopting mixed Runner ducklings in the next few weeks? We won't ship, but we'd consider traveling for the right home. We're anticipating at least 2, possibly more (our Runner Lucy is sitting on about 1,000 eggs 😂). Her first. We doubt they'll hatch because they weather has been cold here, but just in case... However 2 of the 3 in the incubator - if healthy - will be available to a good home.

Attaching photos of Delly the Pekin (@DellyTheDuck on Instagram), Lucy and Livvy our Chocolate Runners, and Oliver and Jerry, our two male white/fawn runners.

Attachments

• 20231214_120544.jpg
    20231214_120544.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20231120_152521.jpg
    20231120_152521.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231114_101914.jpg
    20231114_101914.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231106_085856.jpg
    20231106_085856.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Oohhh...my littles will be out of the brooder soon and I've vowed never to brood in the house EVER A-FREAKING-GAIN, buuuutttttt.....if you cannot find them a good home locally, let me know and I'll adopt them. My husband has been asking for runners. I live in NE Florida but travel quite frequently to visit friends who live about an hour North of you. In fact, we're leaving today to visit through Sunday evening.

P.S. Delly and his duck diaper is probably the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG TIME! 😍 😍
P.S.S. My pekin, named Mae, is also the sweetest cuddle bug ever!

Oohhh...my littles will be out of the brooder soon and I've vowed never to brood in the house EVER A-FREAKING-GAIN, buuuutttttt.....if you cannot find them a good home locally, let me know and I'll adopt them. My husband has been asking for runners. I live in NE Florida but travel quite frequently to visit friends who live about an hour North of you. In fact, we're leaving today to visit through Sunday evening.

P.S. Delly and his duck diaper is probably the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG TIME! 😍 😍
P.S.S. My pekin, named Mae, is also the sweetest cuddle bug ever!
Sounds good!! I'll definitely let you know! We're hoping the 3 we have in the incubator hatch in the next 3-4 days. The ones outside with Lucy... no clue, but she's trying her darndest!

Hello Florida friends! Looks like we have 4 more runner ducklings who will be up for adoption very soon! They are the last of a very large clutch by our Chocolate Runner mom and Fawn/White Runner-Pekin dad. All of the babies thus far have come out a bluish gray and white. :) Here is a photo of the two oldest siblings, Ping and Pip.

The four ducklings available will be hatching anywhere from the next few days to the next week. Take 2 or 4. Looking for the best homes where they'll be loved and cared for as part of the family. :)

Must have an indoor brooder set up for the first few weeks and then an enclosed outdoor hutch for them to sleep in at night.

Please let me know! We are in the Tampa area.

Attachments

• 20240202_125722.jpg
    20240202_125722.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240202_125532.jpg
    20240202_125532.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom