FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

i cant find in teh pinellas county codes where it says you cannot have chickens

i never gave it much thought because largo's charter says its okay so im good. im just curious

edit: btw if someone has made a form i can print to get signatures to force a vote and hopefully force it in right way i will do what i can to get them. most everyone i work with lives in pinellas county. plus of course im sure my neighbors would sign it. (they dont mind getting extra eggs
smile.png
)

Last edited:
Quote:
Basically it depends where you live. I am not in unincorporated and chickens are not mentioned at all in my city. However, chickens are considered livestock and no livestock allowed unless you are in farm zoning (which I am not). I was told that I could bring it up at a council meeting but I don't want to be too public. I searched the codes and no mention of chickens, so I figured that they were allowed. I was told when I called that no one is going to come out and close me down unless a neighbor complains. So, I am keeping girls only and using lots of DE to help them smell sweet.

I'm looking for all kinds of Wyandotte eggs, BLRW< SLW>GLW>columbian>and partridge Wyandottes.

do you know of anybody that has some, or do you have some for sale?

Last edited:
Quote:
two chickens.....
lau.gif

That's like eating two Pringles.... you'll see. It's an addiction.

I'm thinking about making my chicken swap into an edducational opportunity on behalf of my neighbors in unincoorporated Pinellas. Invite the people making the laws, enforcement folks, concerned citizens. I'll make sure my coop is extra-clean, give them some free eggs, let them pet the supper friendly Barred Rock, Ebony. Have some literature about the healthy eggs they produce, and make sure they know we don't need roosters to have eggs!
What do you think? Do you think anyone other than us crazy chicken-people would come out? Of course, if we have official-types coming out to my yard, I will have to hide a few of the girls.........

We would also have the regular chicken-swap. And since it's St.Pete, I may have some arts and crafts stuff for sale if my artist friends are interested in making some chicken-related items.

Quote:
I think this would be great. If you send out invitations to the council some may come, especially the one member who was very pro chichens. Could you also invite the Pinellas Park council members. We are a no chicken zone too.

If you need names or anything, please let me know. When are you thinking of this happening?

I'm not sure - I was thinking early October, but I could pull it off sooner, if you think it would help the cause along. Silly stunt is having one on Sept. 11th (which I can't go to -
sad.png
), so that weekend is out. Throw out some dates for me - I'm open.

Quote:
How about when Nifty come from California? he and his wife can be the guest speakers.

Nifty-Chicken
Administrator

PM Website
View My BYC Page Re: 10 Year Anniversary Cruise Vacation - Spend on Travel or Stuff ???That's such a nice offer, but that would be a ton of driving for you! It would be cool to have a mini chickenstock!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob - Married to my wife for 10 years and have two daughters, 7 and 4.
hens: Delaware, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte and a couple Ameraucana mixes.
www.Nifty-Stuff.com | www.TheEasyGarden.com | www.SufficientSelf.com | www.BackYardHerds.com

Upgrade your BYC Account - Golden Feather Membership​

It could be done, if he's got time. I'll go get him if he's got time and wants to do it.

if time permits hopefully myself and family can come by. we dont have anything to swap but meeting others and learning more is always a plus

Back
Top Bottom