FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
so this is where youve been hiding Missy!!!

r u stalking me?? wait till I come up there, I'll be your shadow
lol.png

Quote:
gig.gif

Anymore input on prefered dates for the St.Pete Chickenstock?

I'm open exept for Oct 3 going to Nat's chicken stock up in NY
celebrate.gif

Quote:
so this is where youve been hiding Missy!!!

r u stalking me?? wait till I come up there, I'll be your shadow
lol.png

bring it!!! Pricilla has not started to crow yet and I took some amazing photos but the dang memory card in the camera isnt working
barnie.gif
I look at the roo in your avatar and he/she doesnt look like that? So maybe it is a hen--that naked skin is throwing me still!

A retiring farmer in preparation for selling his land, needed to rid his farm of all animals. So he went to every house in the village. To the houses where the man was boss, he gave a horse. To the houses where the woman was in charge, a chicken was given.
He got to the end of the village and saw a couple gardening: "Who's in charge here?" he asked.
"I am," replied the man.
"I have a black horse and a brown horse," said the farmer "Which one would you like?"
The man thought for a minute and said: "The black one."
"No, no , no," said the wife "Get a brown one."
"Here's your chicken," said the farmer.

John was driving down a country lane when suddenly a chicken darted out in front of him. He slammed on his brakes but realized that the chicken was speeding down the road at 30mph. Intrigued, he tried to follow the chicken in his car, but couldn't catch up with the accelerating bird. Seeing it turn into a small farm, John followed it. To his astonishment, he noticed that ALL the chickens had three legs.
The farmer came out of his house, and John said: "Three legs?" That's astonishing."
The farmer replied: "Yes, I bred them that way because I love drumsticks."
John was curious: "How does a three-legged chicken taste?"
The farmer smiled: "Dunno. Haven't been able to catch one."

Hi! Registering for the Florida page. I am around 20 miles north of Deland..in the small town of Crescent City. I have 6 Rhode Reds, 4 Buff Orpingtons, 1 white Rock, 4 Barred Rocks and 3 Toulouse Geese

Hi to All, I am registering for the Florida page !!!

I am Pat from Tarpon Springs, FL My user name here is Areala...I am new to chicken raising so I don't actually have any yet but I am getting 10 from the lady I purchased my chicken coop from.

I purchased it off of craigslist, it looked nice enough, went to see it and I thought it was great for the money. I couldn't even buy materials to make one that size for the price she wanted so it was better to just buy it and I have a friend who will haul from Spring Hill, Fl to my house in Tarpon Springs. He will bring it next weekend and that is when I will get my chickens too !!!

I am getting so excited about this new venture. I just never new there were so many beautiful chickens out there !! My goodness !!!

I am excited and scared at the same time. I breed and show American Cocker Spaniels and I remember the learning process about that, not just dogs in general but my breed as well as others and the care and inherant problems that comes with the breed and how to groom and what to do when and all that stuff and after years of doing it, it seems like nothing now, but now with Chickens I am starting all over and I think I am a little nervous....I am no young spry chicken myself....59 now....soon to be 60 next April....my goodness where has all the time gone...but I hope this new venture will be fun, exciting and help keep my young and active. I love getting up early in the morning with my dogs and going outside with them and watering the garden and then feeding the dogs and taking care of the kennels so getting up to let the chickens out and feed and water them will not be an issue...it's making sure they stay healthy and predators don't get them that I am worried about. We have racoons and possum, rabbits and bufo toads here that I am aware of....I have even seen a few of the neighbors cats go thru the yard as well as some peacocks.....I think the ones I need to worry about though is the possum and racoons.....

Oh well, I am sure I will be posting lots of questions, some that may seem pretty dumb to you veterans but are not so dumb to a newbie...

Take Care and I am looking forward to reading all the posts about chickens and just learning so much stuff !!!

God Bless..

Pat Jaimes

Nava... we are in NW Fla. (Milton) and we have had our little flock now for 4 mos. We got our first egg a few days ago and hope the other girls will follow soon.
64382_041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom