FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Add me to the list
I'm in Miami,FL and I will be a mommy to 7 in a couple of days
big_smile.png

I just read an article in Backyard Poultry about guineas and now wonder if they would be good for our very buggy Florida yards...they eat many bugs but do not scratch up the yard like chickens do. Who has guineas and love them?
smile.png

pride&joy :

Quote:
Hey glad to see more south Florida folks, maybe one day we could have a swap down here?
welcome-byc.gif

that would be awesome!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have 5 guinea keets. They are about 3 mos old now. They are so much fun. Just when you think they can't get any wierder they do LOL! I am hoping to be able to freerange them a little when they are older. We have about 4 acres here and woods behind us so I worry a little that they might get lost somewhere back there or end up in the nieghbor's yards. I know a few of them have guineas too though cuz I can hear them in the evenings. They can be loud lol. So far I think three of our 5 are female due to thier calls. I will probably make a tractor to move around the yard and let them freerange only when I can watch them till they are older. I have mine in with chickens thier age right now to keep them on the tamer side.

HEY NAVA!!!!!

We're thinking about moving to Ocala.... any advice? We'll need something agricultural of course, but hows the work situation? We need to move someplace with JOBS!

well the jobs in the villages is steady and thats about 20 miles from ocala. we've been there for about 7 years doing houses. but let me tell you this place is probably the friendliest place on earth!!!!! and of course WE'RE HERE!!!
wink.png

Hey flgardengirl, small world sometimes. I have been in Tanglewood for 30 yrs. There are several families that have chickens here I am finding out....
Yall with pesty problems like me, I found this pesticide at Walmart call ECOSMART, granules that is safe around children and pets. The ingred are eugenal, thyme oil, and 96% other ingredients that include wintergreen oil and peanut shells. That makes me think I am paying $9 for a bunch of trash peanut shells and a few drops of essential oil.
Anyway I will try it today, I have problems with fireants and do not want to hurt the chicks. Boiling water works but than there is a new bunch near by.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom