FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Jacksonville here! Anyone else near me?! I've got 14 chickens...2 German Shepherds..and 1 fish.
smile.png

Serena There are alot of peeps in Jacksonville although they are older members and have not posted on here. Shared Acres,Featherbaby, and quite a few others. Welcome to the show. We also have a swap every month at Bent Creek Feed its the 4th sunday of each month.

Grits do not work at all I have tried it many times If you have animals they will go after the grits anyway. Pat let us know if the ecosmart works I am getting so tired of getting bit everytime I got out to the chickens. Its bad enough they fall from the trees into your hair and clothes but when they get into your socks ouch.

What do yall do at swap meet and how many folks show up? Swapping chicks and other farm stuff or what??
Never been to Bent Creek, where is it and how are the prices there?

The swaps are great. We all come and bring what ever we need to part with. Some folks trade but most sell and buy. Alot of BYCers come and we get to gab about chickens and such. The Bent Creek swap is in Jacksonville where Serena is. There are alot of swaps all over florida check out the Chickenstocks, shows and swap section they are usually listed there cmom also keeps a running list of all the swaps in Florida. Some of the swaps allow yard sale goods as well as chickens,rabbits and other small livestock.

My dads been looking at the Ocala CL and is pleased with all the agricultural land out there reasonably priced.

I just REALLY HATE to quit my job...........
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

HELP!

My husband is leaving at the end of this month for BCT. I had to move out and I'm not able to have the cats where I'm staying. We're looking for someone who would be willing to foster all 3 or foster the 2 kittens and give our older cat a good home. We're willing to pay you to foster! We really don't want to get rid of them and some of his station choices only allow 2 cats so the older one who is more aloof will have to go but the other 2 have to stay together and we really do adore them (they can be velcro-cats a lot of times). They are VERY friendly, love people and love to play. Will come with food, bowls, toys, litter box and litter. All are neutered and have shots, and have been around small children and dogs.

Again we are willing to PAY YOU to foster them. We're willing to pay $65 a month for you to foster them. This should cover what they need and give some extra. Lardo is availible for adoption and if you're intersted please let me know!

The 2 kittens are Peter (6 months old) and Scratch(5 months old). Peter is a Maine Coon cross and Scratch is a black Oriental shorthair. They're really attached and can't be seperated or else Peter gets an attitude towards Scratch when reintroduced and Scratch starts to act like he's sick when parted. They are both really affectionate and will often follow you around and like to be near you unless they are together playing. They do et curious with stuff and often try to get into the trash or fridge and need to be watched with doors and things.

The older cat is a male orange tabby. His name is Lardo (1 1/2 years old) and he is big. He can be friendly but typically preferes to be on his own and will let you know when he is hungry. He'll be happy to let you pet him and will let you know when he has had enough, but will never hurt you. He does shed a bit but otherwise he's in excellent health.

Please PM me if you're interested. I can send pics. I would like them to stay in the Citrus County area. Thanks!

I am in New Port Richey Fl (West Central - Tamba Bay) Raising Bantam RIR,s Dominiques Barred Rocks Goldenlaced Barnevelders.

Also have Jumbo and jumbo A&M quail.

ANYBODY HAVE LIGHT EGGLYING TYPE DUCKS? (Campbells, Harlequins, Runners)

I need a few young hens, ducklings or hatching eggs. No Muscovies or meat type ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom