FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

In the Marion county area- I have a friend who stopped buying my eggs because I now have a rooster- I respect her feelings and I am trying to find an unfertilized/roosterless egg seller in the Belleview Silverspring Shores area. She does not want to go back to store bought, and the person she got her last unfertilized eggs from sold her developing chicks. she's really leery now.
sickbyc.gif

Please pm me and I will pass on your phone number to her. Thank you!

Okay, so we're moving (AGAIN) to Ft. Pierce. Will be there the beginning of next month. An acre of land fenced so the birds can free range! Looking forward to building coops and raising more birds!

Does anyone in Fl have problems keeping ants at bay.? I have them all over and cant seem to get a gripe. Maybe I just have tooo much growing in the yard. I even have them on my 4 oclocks now and crape myrtle. They are making me crazy:rolleyes:

Nava,
I can't believe that I have missed this thread!!!!!!

Sunshine Silkies-Lake City NC Fla

White,Splash,Blue and Black Silkies
Old English Bantams-Black,Blue-Splash-Blue Wheaton
Mille Fleur d'Uccle
Bobwhite and Coturnix Quail

I offer hatching eggs and chicks and certain times of the year..

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Contact your County Extension Office for advice about your ants. There are many different species & different ways to manage them. The ones on your plants may be there because those plants have aphids. If you can manage the aphids (with ladybugs, lacewings, even by spraying with soapy water) you will see less ants on those plants.

I want one of these in my yard: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/giant-anteater.html

Quote:
You THINK you do.
I work with a Tamandua which is a lesser ant eater. It looks like a cross between an ant eater and a sloth with a monkey tail. They prefer termites over ants. The Tamandua NEVER eats ants, even when they get all in his food! He actually eats a disgusting blended mix of yogurt, eggs, and insectivore stuff.

BTW, theres one loose somewhere in S. FL. The people who lost him think he's still alive (people have claimed sightings of a strange animal) but if you happen to hit something large and slow moving on the road at night or come accross it you know what it is now (and let me know so I can let them know!)

Poultry goes to the polls: Woman takes chicken for comfort while voting in DeLand
It was no game of chicken. Jenny Mero of DeLeon Springs took her chicken named Sunny with her to the polls, and no one cried foul. Mero went to the Elections Office in DeLand for early voting Aug. 11, with bird tucked under her wing ... er ... arm. No one challenged the bird's entry into the polling ...
http://www.beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/2984

Back
Top Bottom