FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I will be bringing a couple of egg turners in unopened boxes that will fit styrofoam incubators. Also I'll have some Sex-Link pullets and some small cages.

I'm looking for a pair or trio of buff silkies in the Gainesville/Ocala area. Any local breeders have adults available?
Here are a couple of show coming up and there will be plenty of Silkie breeders there. Most have sale birds of all ages.

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Inverness, FL. Citrus Classic
Saturday October 22, 2016 (always the 4th Saturday in October)
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
Citrus County Fairgrounds Arena
3600 South Florida Ave.
Inverness, Florida
---> MAP
(U.S. Highway 41 South - 1.5 miles south of the intersection of U.S. highways 44 & 41)
Fall Show Catalog --->TBA
Fall Entry Form ---> TBA
http://cflpoultrybreeders.org/

Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show, Lake City, FL
(Always the second Saturday in January)
438 SW State Road 247
Lake City, FL 32025
Columbia County Fairgrounds
---> MAP
Danny & Norma Padgett
15930 W State Road 238
Lake Butler, Florida 32054
386-496-2561

Last edited:
My newest addition (for now) OEG. She's apparently been running around the neighborhood close to two months now and I had two different people tell me of her. I am basically fostering until someone answers the lost chicken post on our neighborhoods website and claims her but if not, in 30 days, she'll be mine. She's smaller than my big girls but I don't think she's a bantam. She's drinking from a pie plate in the last picture for size comparison.

My newest addition- hopefully- has been running around our neighborhood for close to two months from what I hear. She looks very healthy but I have her quarantined in her own pen. The problem is the only space I can quarantine her is only about 5 feet from my girls run. Other than biting at her feathers I'm not seeing any issues at the moment. She has a makeshift bath box with DE and I have liquid Corid--should I go ahead and treat her with that? I've never been in a situation where I've had to quarantine a bird so this is all new to me.

Also, I'm changing all of my birds back to a grower crumble because I am not sure how old she is but I know for a fact her diet lately before I rescued her was potato chips, bread and birdseed. She's eating the layer pellets fine but I think she's too young for it which is why am buying grower crumble today.

Last edited:
My newest addition- hopefully- has been running around our neighborhood for close to two months from what I hear. She looks very healthy but I have her quarantined in her own pen. The problem is the only space I can quarantine her is only about 5 feet from my girls run. Other than biting at her feathers I'm not seeing any issues at the moment. She has a makeshift bath box with DE and I have liquid Corid--should I go ahead and treat her with that? I've never been in a situation where I've had to quarantine a bird so this is all new to me.

Also, I'm changing all of my birds back to a grower crumble because I am not sure how old she is but I know for a fact her diet lately before I rescued her was potato chips, bread and birdseed. She's eating the layer pellets fine but I think she's too young for it which is why am buying grower crumble today.

Grower will be good, it is higher in protein and chances are your birds are starting the molt like most of ours are so the higher protein is good. For my older girls I also get Game Bird which is also higher in protein but all of my birds get pellets. Even when my youngsters at around 2 months old are switched over to grower pellets.

Grower will be good, it is higher in protein and chances are your birds are starting the molt like most of ours are so the higher protein is good. For my older girls I also get Game Bird which is also higher in protein but all of my birds get pellets. Even when my youngsters at around 2 months old are switched over to grower pellets.
Thank you! I am happy to hold her until her owner decides to claim her again but I pray she doesn't have something she gives to my girls. If she's not claimed, I'll put her pen next to my girls in 4 weeks and get them more aquatinted
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom