Food Scraps?

in the molting period I smash (with mortar ) some leftover chicken wings, especially the bones, to purée like mush, and give it to the chickens, they like it very much and it's a grate source of calcium for them!

Aw, don't pick grit for them! A bag of grit you can just throw into their run is cheap and will last a LONG time. If they are somewhat confined, you can even put it in their food.

I give our chickens just about anything except highly processed generally unhealthy crap (which we don't eat anyway). The only thing they have refused so far is celery of all things. I chopped it up along with the garlic which they love and some leftover salad. Later, everything in the bowl was gone except for the celery! Who knew they could be that picky! In the winter, they love a bowl of old fashioned oatmeal in some warm water (not cooked since I dont like oatmeal).

I give our chickens just about anything except highly processed generally unhealthy crap (which we don't eat anyway). The only thing they have refused so far is celery of all things. I chopped it up along with the garlic which they love and some leftover salad. Later, everything in the bowl was gone except for the celery! Who knew they could be that picky! In the winter, they love a bowl of old fashioned oatmeal in some warm water (not cooked since I dont like oatmeal).

Mine hate beans they eat anything I try to hide it in there but they pick around them .

Chi ken noodle soup is a favorite here...green beans, peas, noodles, oatmeal, raisins, carrots in shreds, apples, sugar free cornbread, molasses, pumpkin anything

Little piggies

Mine will eat the pumpkin seeds but not the pumpkin! They also do not like carrots, cooked or raw. They don't eat sweet potato French fries or broccoli or green pepper! I think mine are just picky eaters, lol.

Back
Top Bottom