found a good non toxic wormer

good info and thank you all. All that being said, is there a catch all wormer or are they all bug specific and did i read correctly or is wazine NOT recommended for egg layers?

Pig Swig contains 17% Piperazine Monohydrochloride
Wazine 17 contains 17% Piperazine sulfate
Best I can gather the Monohydrochloride is actually stronger than the sulfate...might be the reason for the 1 oz pig swig per 1 1/4 gallon of water as opposed to 1 oz per gallon of water for wazine

Here is the warning on Wazine-WARNING: Do not medicate prior to slaughter within 14 days for turkeys and chickens and 21 days for swine. Do not use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption.

As far as effectiveness Valbazen(albendazole) controls more internal parasites than any other wormer on the market..But like all the other broad spectrum wormers not labeled for chickens withdrawal times for slaughter or eggs is not known, One exception is Levamisole, which has a 8 day slaughter withdrawal in chickens

Try looking at herbal wormers. There are quite a few of them on the market that you could use for chickens. I'm pretty sure that you can eat the eggs if you're chickens are on the wormer. That probably all depends on the wormer, though.

pumpkin seeds make great natural wormers ~ and my ladies do SO love the pumpkins! And if your ladies are hesitant, I reccomend sprinkling some scratch grains on it, they will go crazy, and make you smile ~ AND you can still eat the eggs ~ no worries.
~Red

Hey there all...didn't I read in a thread, somewhere on here, a "natural" dewormer using Apple cider vinegar (w/ live bacteria) and cloves of garlic in the chickens water???

Anybody know the ratios??
big_smile.png

very interesting... i like natural, herbal, homeopath stuff. that is what our family tries first. now, the pumpkin seeds, can you use the ones that you get at the health food store for human consumption-- the raw shelled, or does it have to come right out of the pumpkin itself?
how about any essential oils??? And how do you know when or if you even need to worm your chickens? DO they drag their fluffy butts across the ground like a dog does or what?
just curious.

Quote:
LOL ~ good point, I never have seen anything evenly remotely looking like worms with my chickens, unless they are pulling them out of the ground to munch on ~ :-D ~ but then, I feed my ladies raw pumpkins too.... ;-D ~ maybe that's proof, maybe it's not ~ so far so good, though ~ ;-D
~Red

Hehehe, I have no other info except what some of the more veteran folks say...look for worms in their poo
smile.png

I did find the ratio... I TBS per gallon water.

I haven't found the garlic part, but I read it somewhere...I will search and post tomorrow
smile.png

I bought a gallon today at $17.00...and I will also find the post with recipe to make it a LOT cheaper
smile.png
, just takes 3 or 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom