foxes

nickyplus4

Hatching
5 Years
May 13, 2014
walton on thames
sadly the foxes got to one of my chickens today, it was at 1.30 in the afternoon and i had just popped in for a sec when 2 foxes managed to corner my blackrock right near my back door, the other 3 hens ran inside my house and hid in my lounge. I frightened off the foxes and found the body and put her in a box so the children could say their goodbyes, when the fox came back to find it, it got a swift whack with a broom stick.
I know we should all try and get on but enough is enough, that is the 5th hen we have lost to the foxes,
needless to state the girls are now confined to barracks.............

by the way it took almost an hour to coax the hens out of my house, they made themselves very comfy

:( I'm sorry to hear that... What concerns me a bit though, is that the foxes came out in broad daylight like that. That often means they are diseased.

They may not be diseased, most fox have kits to feed this time of year and have to hunt even in the long daylight hours

i think it is babies, the foxes certainly looked healthy enough, just a bit too close to my house for comfort.
i am hoping to replace my hen today as my coop feels odd with only 3 ladies

You whacked it with a broom???
smile.png

Around here, you would be lucky to see one, much less get very close.

Back
Top Bottom