Free chick from McMurray

@ThatFarmerChick
 If I remember correctly, you had/have a dark brahma pullet correct?  You identified for me the one that was our free one the first shipment.  I most certainly agree that is what it is.  My question to you is if it is male or female.  It will be 11 weeks old tomorrow and the feathering looks identical to the hen photos I see.  Am I safe to assume at this point it would have male feathering or patches of white feathers?  She is so pretty!  By far my favorite one in the flock.
At 11 weeks you should be able to tell. .We paid for a female and I believe that we have a little boy. It has no pattern. Just black and white patches with blue and green saddle feathers.

At 11 weeks you should be able to tell. .We paid for a female and I believe that we have a little boy. It has no pattern. Just black and white patches with blue and green saddle feathers.

Thanks. I am hopeful it is a hen. It does not have any patches and does have the stenciled pattern. Very pretty. Too bad you ended up with a roo! I have the same issue with a few of my breeds. I ordered female and ended up with males. Of course it would be the breeds the kids picked out too. How are your blue cochins doing? We ended up with one blue one and one black one. They are so stinkin cute!! The kids say they look like they have their 'mean mommy face' on and give the 'stink eye'. Too Funny!!

Thanks.  I am hopeful it is a hen.  It does not have any patches and does have the stenciled pattern.  Very pretty.  Too bad you ended up with a roo!  I have the same issue with a few of my breeds.  I ordered female and ended up with males.  Of course it would be the breeds the kids picked out too.  How are your blue cochins doing?  We ended up with one blue one and one black one.  They are so stinkin cute!!  The kids say they look like they have their 'mean mommy face' on and give the 'stink eye'.  Too Funny!!
Thanks for asking. Our Cochins are tiny and very fluffy. They allow my 3 year old to pick them up. He has named one Amici Mei and the other Misty. They are both free ranging well. Our Brahma has that mean look. My Husband swears that the Brahma is a girl. I will wait for it to crow to prove my point. I still would like it to be a female. We have a few more roo surprises.

Kids can be so funny. Yours sound as silly as mine.

My neighbor got this little chick as her free mystery exotic chick. Any ideas as to what it might be?

I

I thought about keeping him for breeding since all I have are hens, but then he started to crow. So the coop got moved further away from the house to protect my husbands sanity (he works nights and sleeps during the day). So yup, he is looking for a new home.

Back
Top Bottom