Free Chicken Apron/Saddle Pattern

Pics
Jumping in here if no one minds. I LOVE all the saddles and ideas!!! I bought a plain one to use as a pattern and because I have a very big roo (a teenage Aussie) and a little red sex=link that he has taken a special fancy too, I have the problem that he is tearing up her wing feathers so I ordered one with the shoulder pads so I will have a pattern for them too.

Chickisoup: If you don't mind showing us a picture of the shoulder/wing portion of the apron...there have been quite a few that have wanted to add that to their saddles....

Thanks.
as soon as it arrives (it's on backorder) I promise to post a pic of it
big_smile.png

Yes. If it's doubled it will do okay...but I even found such a light weight cotton that I had doubled and it would still flip whether by wind or overzealous treading. The canvas-y type is just better IMO. If you're going to take the time to make them.

Yes. If it's doubled it will do okay...but I even found such a light weight cotton that I had doubled and it would still flip whether by wind or overzealous treading. The canvas-y type is just better IMO. If you're going to take the time to make them.

I have heat to worry about; the canvas would be fine in the winter, though. :D

I really need my next set to have the wing covers.....

I don't know if anyone has posted about it already, but I typically use duck canvas fabric. You can find it in the winter at 90% in pretty neat patterns. It's the type of fabric you would use for lawn chair furniture. I double it up but it's not too thick to make my birds too hot, and it's not too thin to where it blows up and scares the hen. I've even went a little crazy and sewed their names onto each one :) I've also used cotton fabrics for something lighter (and I had some left over from sewing projects) and it worked just fine for me. I left one on a hen that was bald and in 4 months she was good as new! Happy sewing!

What a great idea!!! I am a newb and right now only have chicks. But I will keep this in mind for sure. Not something I HAVE to have right now, and still have other penning projects I must work on before it gets to hot. I am thinking my part of Texas is in for a tough summer. I am learning a lot here. Thank you for the pattern!

Back
Top Bottom