French frogs

Pull up a chair, and tell us all about it. What kind of incubator, analog or digital, where you measure the temp and with what, what your relative humidity is in the room, whether you hand turn or use an auto turner, how many times a day you turn, whether you add water the first 18 days, if so how much, how you prepare for hatch, etc etc etc...we are your support group and are here to help. Gonna send you those eggs and I want to make sure you get a good hatch.
It is a digital incubator with a built in hygrometer and thermostat. To measure temp, I have been using 3 digital thermometers. I have the incubator set at 38.2 degrees Celsius. This was reading around 99F. Relative humidity, I'm guessing is under 20%. days 1-18, I add 2 inch diameter spice bottles with a papertowel wicking water out. This read humidity around 38% on the hygrometer. air cells looked pretty good to me with that.

Will continue in a moment.

I appreciate that. So the incubator: http://chickenwarehouse.com/769/egg-incubator-yz8-48/

I'm pretty sure it is a chinese knock off of the Janoel.

First question is the turner. In the photo it does not look like there is enough room underneath the turner rails to do a full 90 degree sweep. Do the eggs actually tilt 45 degrees from upright at the extreme of each swing?

Second is yes, insulate that sucker. Find a foam Omaha Steaks cooler or something that you can rest it in. Or build one of foam sheets taped together. Just be sure to leave room for ventilation. Plastic does not keep heat in, but is really good at keeping too much humidity in.

Pull up a chair, and tell us all about it.  What kind of incubator, analog or digital, where you measure the temp and with what, what your relative humidity is in the room, whether you hand turn or use an auto turner, how many times a day you turn, whether you add water the first 18 days, if so how much, how you prepare for hatch, etc etc etc...we are your support group and are here to help.  Gonna send you those eggs and I want to make sure you get a good hatch.  

I use the auto turner, but it basically just rocks it back and forth 3-4 times and then finishes with it leaning the same direction as before, every two hours. So this time, I started rotating the eggs 180 degrees once a day so the other side of the egg was tipped forward. On day 18, I have candled, and placed viable eggs in cut down cartons. I then leave my filled spice bottles in as well as fill the troughs. This gets the humidity to read around 50%. The highest I've ever see it read is 56%.

I use the auto turner, but it basically just rocks it back and forth 3-4 times and then finishes with it leaning the same direction as before, every two hours. So this time, I started rotating the eggs 180 degrees once a day so the other side of the egg was tipped forward. On day 18, I have candled, and placed viable eggs in cut down cartons. I then leave my filled spice bottles in as well as fill the troughs. This gets the humidity to read around 50%. The highest I've ever see it read is 56%.

We'll ignore the humidity readings, if there is liquid in the shells at internal pip, then there was too much water the first 18 days or the temp was too low for the chick to absorb it, or both.

Did you happen to trace air cells on your eggs? I just put some in lockdown last night and will trace and post in a moment.

Back
Top Bottom