French frogs

Good morning dudes & dudettes!

I'm getting out of the house today.  Breakfast & shopping with a friend.  Yay!!  Hope ya'll have a nice morning.

Me to me an the wife are going to a Craft show at the American Legion.....then it's to Marquette fit lunch....have fun Deb

So I take it you ain't cheap . while you at it what about the parts that will fit in the palm of your hand that cost hundreds of dollars  and take hours to install . you now have to take the whole car apart to but in the spark plugs :barnie I'll have to spend a thousand or more to up grade my computer to work on my daughters car . :lau  couple of weeks ago I get daddy my car won't start won't do nothing . I had enough sense to have her get the spare key and sure enough the battery was dead in the key we had made at wal-marts . that was all it was .

I'M confused....WALMART key was bad or battery dead....either way sounds like it was easy to get going again.....;)
I ran my own business for 20 years on that principle. If I say I can fix it and can't, no charge.  Never a charge until the work was done for anything brought into the shop.  I had a great repeat customer base until the auto industry crashed here.  I sold the shop to the guy who worked for me and spent a few years saving historic homes scheduled for demolition, and documenting many more.  Then I started heading back to something that could pay the bills, and did a few car restorations and worked for a NASCAR team before settling down to a corporate job.

Yeah I did real well as a tech until the whole economu thing....I always worked flat rate.....to me it was the best cuz I seen how slow hourly mechanics worked.
I really was a good mechanic....invested a lot of my income back into tools and training....I actually dumped a a bunch of cash to attend a diagnostic class a few weeks ago....my shop tried finding my replacement for 3 years....they still haven't...there aren't my techs like me out there...I was dedicated
Also my so owners got greedy..last time they gave any kind of raise was 2004 so basically I wasn't only sick and hurt...
I was disgruntled when I left.
The elderly man with truck I looked at had the truck in the shop twice and they put parts on...(guessed the problem)....had already charged him twice to be wrong.....I just hooked up my old SCANNER....AND probed the sensor with scope and within a minute knew what was wrong.....thing is I have better stuff than the local shop and I know how to use it.
Walnut?...NASCAR....????

Someone get this woman a cape and a phone booth.....I think she's super.....;)

Just being silly.....:lau

Last edited:
He got a cuckoo
he.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom