French frogs

Never done before? What, you afraid I'll do it, start a thread, and call myself Pullet Egg King?
lau.gif
I could care less what crown you wear or who you are king of

Morels grow here. People walk the Platte (river in Nebraska) looking for them every spring. There are patches of them elsewhere, people who find large patches guard their secret like troves of gold.

Nice. I know.
Morels don't fetch much money here anymore, so I don't think they are hunted as much. Ginseng is a different story!

Friday, sorry about your sick bird.. I don't really have any advice, but I hope you can treat her. Maybe give her a few days and see if the Tylan kicks in?
Really? They're like 20 dollars a pound I thought

they are awesome

So I've heard
thumbsup.gif
That is the plan for self blue Wyandottes.

Mini parade!

Glad no one got hurt.

That looks amazing.......................... what is it?

Man after my own heart.

WV, good news. I finally candled the eggs I just had in the hatcher and 5 out of the 11 weren't even developed. I got so busy that I didn't even candle at lock down. There was only 1 fully formed chick that was DIS. So in actuality I hatched 5 out of 6. Not bad.

How about putting Tylan 50 in the water and letting them all get a dose to kill it off? 3ml per gallon right?
A lions mane mushroom

Hi all -

Tonight I'll go back and see who told me what about my sick bird, but thank you! She is isolated in the brooder box in the coop - it's about 6 x 3 x 2.5 so she has plenty of room. One end is a chicken wire door that connects to the coop, so she can see everybody. I've been using a neomycin/polymixin opthalmic ointment in her eye after washing it twice a day, and giving her 1cc of the Tylan twice a day, usually half IM and half SQ. (40 mg/kg assuming she's around 4 lbs.)

I would like to treat everyone just in case, so need to figure out what to go buy - or I've read you can give the injectable tylan orally via bread cubes.

Just wanted to check in since I'm running around like crazy today. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom