Frozen pond — Dead duck

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
My mother let the ducks out, they were outside for about 10-20 minutes before I had to rush them back in.
Our pond is frozen, no big deal right? Well I found one of the ducks dead on it, but with no injuries.
We're thinking that the water may have been poisoned, its frozen but they're still able to drink it. The fishes are frozen dead too.
What the hell is happening?
I still have the ducks body if needed
View attachment 3352580

I'm so sorry this has happened. Usually fish will go to the bottom of the tank and hibernate when the temps get real frigid. But they still have to have oxygen. I had to set up a filter in my stock tank pond so the water keeps moving and keeps the pond from freezing completely. This is to keep the fish from dying.
What kind of poison are you thinking? I'm not sure what could have happened to your duck unless he was frozen in the pond or poisoned. How old is this duck?

My mother let the ducks out, they were outside for about 10-20 minutes before I had to rush them back in.
Our pond is frozen, no big deal right? Well I found one of the ducks dead on it, but with no injuries.
We're thinking that the water may have been poisoned, its frozen but they're still able to drink it. The fishes are frozen dead too.
What the hell is happening?
I still have the ducks body if needed
View attachment 3352580
What do you think could have poisoned the water ?

I'm so sorry this has happened. Usually fish will go to the bottom of the tank and hibernate when the temps get real frigid. But they still have to have oxygen. I had to set up a filter in my stock tank pond so the water keeps moving and keeps the pond from freezing completely. This is to keep the fish from dying.
What kind of poison are you thinking? I'm not sure what could have happened to your duck unless he was frozen in the pond or poisoned. How old is this duck?
Sadly i don't know how old the duck is, but he wasn't old. I don't have any information on him, not even the breed due to he was my grandmothers.
I broke the ice now for the fish, our filter broke this winter :( If it's poisoned, I don't know with what

Back
Top Bottom