Funny Chicken Names

Pics

A Carolina Chick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
NC
I have 17 5 week old chicks. I want funny names for them. Most of them are mutts. I do have some barred rocks. My favorite is probably a roo that I will not be able to keep. Any suggestions? Sorry, no pics.

Oh crap!! I forgot to list my husband's favorite little guy. TC aka Trash Can.

We had a power failure of 9+ hours and thought our hatch was done. I had set the eggs on the counter that I was sure were not going to hatch after 27 days, they were to be thrown out. Well, I got distracted and when I came back to throw them out, one egg was cheeping so I immediately put it back in the incubator and a few hours later he hatched. He is a beautiful bantam leghorn roo that we could never do with out. We named him Trash Can, TC for short because he almost became trash.

I don't have any chickens yet but when i do their some of their names will be

Greyling
Cluckie (Chuck E. Cheese)
Sebastian Bock (Bach)
Bocktoven (Beethoven)
Arnold SchwarzenEGGER
Casabocha (Casablanca)
Elikipecka-means "God is my oath"
Macaulay Cluckin(Culkin)
Elvis Preslay(Presley)
Cleopecktra(Cleopatra)
Lewis and Cluck(Clark)
Theodore Roostevelt(Roosevelt)
Babe Roost(Ruth)

That's all i have for now.

Last edited:
My rooster is named after a necromancer character on the animated series "The Venture Brothers" - Dr. Orpheus. He just looks spooky. Also, Orpheus was a legendary musician and poet, and my roo likes to start crowing around 4:30 in the summer...

Miss Digby Chicken Caesar is named after a crazy bum from a comedy show. She was a stray found in my friend's neighborhood in Liberty, MO. She's a pretty girl, but still flighty even after living with us for more than six months. Every once in a while she gets excited and yells very loudly about nothing.

Goose honks at the end of her cluck. She is also known as "The Cannibal" because she gets bored way too easily and tries to eat here sister's feet. She spends a lot of time in solitary, within full view of the other birds.

Stella is a Barred Rock, named after the spot on her head as a baby.

Large Marge, RIP, was a HUGE RIR female. One day, after they started fledging, I tried to give her and her sisters a worm. Large Marge made a warning sound at the sight of it and they all ran away. I imagine she said, "snake!".

Coral's comb has a weird shape, almost like coral.

Black-eyed Susan, RIP, had black eyes. No brainer there.

Rosie, RIP, needed an old-fashioned sounding name to go with Stella and Large Marge.

Snow White is pale and quiet.

I named all mine after chicken dishes such as strip, nugget, courd on blue, terryaki.... I have also named them after eggs such as scramble, omlette, deviled, pickled, poached .....
big_smile.png

We have:
Lou Allend
khaleesi (the bully/mother hen)
Kieven
And my favourite:
Lindsey LoHen.

Lindsey died so we're getting new chooks, one of which I'm calling "Cluck Norris or Cluck Kent. I can't decide.

When I got chickens a couple years ago, the children of the breeder named a lilac orpington Oprah Winfrey so I named all the chickens after news or talk show hosts. I had Katie (Couric) Ellen (Degeneres), Rosie (O'Donnell), Barbara (Walters), etc.

Back
Top Bottom