Gamefowl Barrels

Mr Oviraptor

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
I keep most of my Roosters on tiecord with they're own barrels to sleep in, I keep an electric fence around them to keep predators away but I was wondering about possibly putting a better predator proof door on the barrels?, Is there a way to do that?, Because we were thinking about taking that electric fence down and putting it around our garden next year if we can predator proof them

Hmm, roosters with tie cords to a single house sounds a lot like a setup for cockfighting rooster houses to me 👎
The title did say "gamefowl." That would be the kind of chicken traditionally used for cockfighting.

But some people raise them for shows, or just because they like to have that kind of chicken, or for various other reasons, without actually using them for cockfighting. No matter why they are being raised, gamefowl roosters would injure or kill each other if they got the chance, so separating them is required. Housing a group of males together in a bachelor coop works for many breeds of chickens, but definitely not for gamefowl.

The title did say "gamefowl." That would be the kind of chicken traditionally used for cockfighting.

But some people raise them for shows, or just because they like to have that kind of chicken, or for various other reasons, without actually using them for cockfighting. No matter why they are being raised, gamefowl roosters would injure or kill each other if they got the chance, so separating them is required. Housing a group of males together in a bachelor coop works for many breeds of chickens, but definitely not for gamefowl.
Thank you for saying this lol, People always think I'm fighting Roosters when I'm not, I keep the breeds because they are a dying breed, Especially breeds like Morgan Whitehackles and other old American Game bloodlines

Back
Top Bottom