GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

I just got home about 30 minutes ago.  I'm too tired to look at these eggs tonight.  Final chick count is 10   - 7 AC and 3 LH. 

We'll play leg 3 of the Trifecta - Battle Chick - this Saturday.  Evening work best for me, so let's do 8 pm CST again.  If there is not a winner. @RavynFallen
 has agreed to host the next round of 3 games.  Thank you Ravyn!

I'm going to set one more batch of eggs.  I've got to know if there is a problem with my eggs.  This hatch is totally unacceptable and several of you have noted poor hatches.  So I've got to run some through the Sportsman and see if the problem persists.  BUT . . . I will keep all the chicks from the next hatch.  DH said forecast is for milder than normal winter, so what the heck, why not.  Wasn't that his way of giving me permission?

Sound like a good plan!

I just got home about 30 minutes ago. I'm too tired to look at these eggs tonight. Final chick count is 10 - 7 AC and 3 LH.

We'll play leg 3 of the Trifecta - Battle Chick - this Saturday. Evening work best for me, so let's do 8 pm CST again. If there is not a winner. @RavynFallen has agreed to host the next round of 3 games. Thank you Ravyn!

I'm going to set one more batch of eggs. I've got to know if there is a problem with my eggs. This hatch is totally unacceptable and several of you have noted poor hatches. So I've got to run some through the Sportsman and see if the problem persists. BUT . . . I will keep all the chicks from the next hatch. DH said forecast is for milder than normal winter, so what the heck, why not. Wasn't that his way of giving me permission?

Sounds like a good plan! My hatch from your eggs the fertility was impressive, they just never externally piped! Good luck!

I just got home about 30 minutes ago.  I'm too tired to look at these eggs tonight.  Final chick count is 10   - 7 AC and 3 LH. 

We'll play leg 3 of the Trifecta - Battle Chick - this Saturday.  Evening work best for me, so let's do 8 pm CST again.  If there is not a winner. @RavynFallen
 has agreed to host the next round of 3 games.  Thank you Ravyn!

I'm going to set one more batch of eggs.  I've got to know if there is a problem with my eggs.  This hatch is totally unacceptable and several of you have noted poor hatches.  So I've got to run some through the Sportsman and see if the problem persists.  BUT . . . I will keep all the chicks from the next hatch.  DH said forecast is for milder than normal winter, so what the heck, why not.  Wasn't that his way of giving me permission?

Sounds great! I think that's a fair batch of chicks for that price for sure!! And not a problem, am glad to help if it's needed... :)

Btw, that sounded like permission to me too, lol... ;)

Sounds like permission to me! LOL.

I'll do my best to be here Sat, but I'll have family in town.

Oh, dang! :(

I can pinch hit if you can't, if that's ok with @cjwaldon ???

Sounds great! I think that's a fair batch of chicks for that price for sure!! And not a problem, am glad to help if it's needed...
smile.png

Btw, that sounded like permission to me too, lol...
wink.png

Oh, dang!
sad.png

I can pinch hit if you can't, if that's ok with @cjwaldon ???

Yeah, smack him. Both of you smack him. You won't get another chance like this for a while.

I looked at only about half the eggs. All had unabsorbed yolk in various amounts, and excess fluid in various amounts. I also noticed one of the AC chicks is dragging around a partial yolk sack, and the other chicks won't leave it alone. Might end up losing that one, too. It's not looking too whippy, but it's still on its feet and chirping.

If anyone would like to host an unrelated game, I will offer two yards of chicken themed flannel fabric for a prize. Fee is $6 to cover shipping.

Yes the little one was pretty black-but they all looked good! I don't think a 50% hatch rate is bad on shipped eggs. Please let me know about this fabric. I won't be able to play a game because of Ohio and surgery but I would like to offer $10 if you could just send it to me. I would like it as a gift for my breeder. She makes "cozies" for handicap pet serama flock. Thay use them as snuggle blankets at night. It's the cutest thing ever!!!

Yes the little one was pretty black-but they all looked good! I don't think a 50% hatch rate is bad on shipped eggs. Please let me know about this fabric. I won't be able to play a game because of Ohio and surgery but I would like to offer $10 if you could just send it to me. I would like it as a gift for my breeder. She makes "cozies" for handicap pet serama flock. Thay use them as snuggle blankets at night. It's the cutest thing ever!!!

I bought it for the swap threads, but I don't play on those threads much anymore because the people I've claimed from more often than not don't ship or don't ship what was promised. I once received bantam eggs that registered as L and XL on my egg scale, yet the shipper still insisted they were bantam eggs. Bantam ostriches maybe, but not bantam chickens.
roll.png

Got any pictures of these serama cozies?

@meltel I'll PM you later about the fabric. I have another little piece of red wood planks (barn siding?) that compliments this fabric. I just have to remember where I stashed it.

One definite cull - too much white on the toes, white wing tips, white rump.

love.gif
Wow they are stunning!

If anyone would like to host an unrelated game, I will offer two yards of chicken themed flannel fabric for a prize. Fee is $6 to cover shipping.

I'd get in on that! But mel can buy it if there's no other interest.

Back
Top Bottom