Gender guess: 6 weeks old Australorps UPDATED: 8, 9 and 10 weeks

Here! Click those three little dots and it should pop up!
Screenshot_20230301_152815_Samsung Internet.jpg

p.s. I would like to update the title, but I don't know how to do it!
It might be a timing issue. I click on one of my posts from last night and I got the "edit thread" button, but when I clicked on a thread from a couple of weeks ago, that button was not present. ??

As for the chicks? I think #3 has that rooster look in the eyes; I think that one is a cockerel. I think #1 is a pullet, #2 and #4 I think are toss ups. The growth on #2 wattles gives me pause. However, I am pretty sure that my questionable chicken from my post is a fast growing pullet. I still haven't seen male specific feathering; yet, here crown and wattles came out really quickly and really red. I am still waiting with bated breath on her.

Can you get pictures of their saddle area? Check for pointy feathering there.

Have you heard any crowing? My little guy started right around 8 weeks, but I know that many start crowing a little later so not a true test.

Oh I'm happy to hear that your questionable chicken could still be a pullet!
I can't see any pointy feathers here, but I know it could be soon for that, this is why I didn't take any picture of their saddle area. I'll be watching! 🔎
I didn't hear any crowing yet, but these chicks already live with my adult rooster and they could be intimidated by him. My rooster started to crow when he was around 7 months old, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had some shy cockerels!
My blue chick is so different from the other 3 that I suspect she could be the only pullet... BUT I still keep fingers crossed!

Oh I'm happy to hear that your questionable chicken could still be a pullet!
I can't see any pointy feathers here, but I know it could be soon for that, this is why I didn't take any picture of their saddle area. I'll be watching! 🔎
I didn't hear any crowing yet, but these chicks already live with my adult rooster and they could be intimidated by him. My rooster started to crow when he was around 7 months old, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had some shy cockerels!
My blue chick is so different from the other 3 that I suspect she could be the only pullet... BUT I still keep fingers crossed!
I hope you are pleasantly surprised! My little cockerel only crows when he is not in the vicinity or Rooster Cogburn. I am quickly redesigning my coop expansion to give him and his girls separate roosting spaces as right now they cram themselves into one of the next boxes to sleep. Thankful that my husband is so willing to participate in this adventure!

Back
Top Bottom