Gender identification

Κατανοητο και σεβαστο :thumbsup, ειμαι νεος χρηστης στο BYC δεν ηξερα οτι μπορω να στελνω και βιντεο εδω. Σε ευχαριστω!

Ευχαριστώ πολύ για την κατανόηση. Είναι αρκετά εύκολο, ανεβάζετε κανονικά το βίντεο στο YouTube και μετά βάζετε τον σύνδεσμο εδώ

Ευχαριστώ πολύ για την κατανόηση. Είναι αρκετά εύκολο, ανεβάζετε κανονικά το βίντεο στο YouTube και μετά βάζετε τον σύνδεσμο εδώ
Τελεια, σας ευχαριστω! Να προσθεσω κατι που μπορει να βοηθησει. Εχω ακουσει οτι τα κοτοπουλακια διαφερουν στην ταχυτητα αναπτυξης των φτερων τους αναλογα με το φυλο. Οτι για παραδειγμα τα θυληκα βγαζουν πιο γρηγορα τα φτερα τους ενω τα αρσενικα πιο αργα. Το δικο μου κοτοπουλο αργησε να βγαλει τα φτερα του οπως γινετε στα κοκορακια. Ειναι αληθης αυτη η μεθοδος αναγνωρισης φυλου η δεν αρκει;

Τελεια, σας ευχαριστω! Να προσθεσω κατι που μπορει να βοηθησει. Εχω ακουσει οτι τα κοτοπουλακια διαφερουν στην ταχυτητα αναπτυξης των φτερων τους αναλογα με το φυλο. Οτι για παραδειγμα τα θυληκα βγαζουν πιο γρηγορα τα φτερα τους ενω τα αρσενικα πιο αργα. Το δικο μου κοτοπουλο αργησε να βγαλει τα φτερα του οπως γινετε στα κοκορακια. Ειναι αληθης αυτη η μεθοδος αναγνωρισης φυλου η δεν αρκει;

Δυστυχώς αυτό ισχύει μόνο υπό συγκεκριμένες συνθήκες. Τυχαίνει να μην θυμάμαι τις λεπτομέρειες. Έχει να κάνει με την διασταύρωση ενός πτηνού που βγάζει γρήγορα νέα φτερά, και ενός που αργεί. Δεν θυμάμαι σε πια κατηγορία πέφτουν οι ISA brown, και προφανώς δεν ξέρω για τον αρσενικό μιας και που φαντάζομαι πως δεν είναι καθαρόαιμος. Επίσης είναι συγκεκριμένο το φύλο που πρέπει να έχει το γονίδιο με το "γρήγορο μεγάλωμα φτερών" και αυτό με το αργό αντίστοιχα. Αυτές τις λεπτομέρειες δεν τις θυμάμαι. Ευτυχώς έχουμε πολύ πιο έμπειρα άτομα εδώ. @NatJ Do you happen to remember which parent needs to carry which feathering gene for the offspring to be able to be wing sexed?

@NatJ Do you happen to remember which parent needs to carry which feathering gene for the offspring to be able to be wing sexed?
For feather sexing, a fast-feathering father (recessive gene) with a slow-feathering mother (dominant gene) produce fast feathering daughters, and sons that show slow feathering while carrying the recessive gene for fast feathering.

For feather sexing, a fast-feathering father (recessive gene) with a slow-feathering mother (dominant gene) produce fast feathering daughters, and sons that show slow feathering while carrying the recessive gene for fast feathering.
If you remember where ISA brown belongs to, we could probably be able to tell what gender is it. As for the father.. He could potentially change all that.

If you remember where ISA brown belongs to, we could probably be able to tell what gender is it. As for the father.. He could potentially change all that.
ISA Browns can be fast feathering or slow feathering. Overall, fast feathering is more common in most breeds of chicken, although a few breeds are known for usually having slow feathering (ISA Brown and Andalusian are not on the usually-slow list.)

If you raise a group of chicks that has some with fast feathering and some with slow feathering, you will probably notice the difference when they are a few weeks old. Some will be mostly feathered, while others will look nearly naked. But once they all feather out, there is no way to tell which was which (except by remembering, or by looking at what offspring they produce.)

So if you raised the parents yourself from chicks, you may have noticed if any of them feathered at different speeds. Or if you raise multiple chicks from the same parents, you might notice if some feather faster than others, and then you could keep track to see which ones grew up to be males and which were females, which would let you know if feather sexing would work for future chicks from the same parents.

ISA Browns can be fast feathering or slow feathering. Overall, fast feathering is more common in most breeds of chicken, although a few breeds are known for usually having slow feathering (ISA Brown and Andalusian are not on the usually-slow list.)

If you raise a group of chicks that has some with fast feathering and some with slow feathering, you will probably notice the difference when they are a few weeks old. Some will be mostly feathered, while others will look nearly naked. But once they all feather out, there is no way to tell which was which (except by remembering, or by looking at what offspring they produce.)

So if you raised the parents yourself from chicks, you may have noticed if any of them feathered at different speeds. Or if you raise multiple chicks from the same parents, you might notice if some feather faster than others, and then you could keep track to see which ones grew up to be males and which were females, which would let you know if feather sexing would work for future chicks from the same parents.
I bought the parents so I have no idea whether they belong to the slow or fast feathering class. This also is the first offspring I got from them so if parents tend to be fast feathering and my bird is slow feathering(which is), then they only produce slow feathering offsprings or they produce offsprings where both slow and fast feathering happen no matter the sex of each offspring they make.

I bought the parents so I have no idea whether they belong to the slow or fast feathering class. This also is the first offspring I got from them so if parents tend to be fast feathering and my bird is slow feathering(which is), then they only produce slow feathering offsprings or they produce offsprings where both slow and fast feathering happen no matter the sex of each offspring they make.

If your chick has slow feathering, then at least one parent must have slow feathering.

The possible options:

--both parents slow feathering, all chicks slow feathering
--father fast, mother slow, makes sexlink chicks (slow sons, fast daughters)
--father pure for slow feathering, mother fast, all chicks are slow feathering
--father has slow feathering but carries fast feathering, mother fast, some sons each speed, some daughters each speed
--father has slow feathering but carries fast feathering, mother slow, all sons will be slow but some daughters will be each speed

Genes involved:
Males have sex chromosomes ZZ, with one gene for fast or slow feathering on each Z chromosome.
Females have sex chromosomes ZW, with a gene for fast or slow feathering only on the Z chromosome.

Male inherits Z from each parent, gives Z to each chick.
Female inherits Z from her father and gives it to her sons, inherits W from her mother and gives it to her daughters (that makes them female.)

Slow feathering is dominant, so a male with one gene for fast and one for slow will have slow feathering, but can give either one to his chicks. A female only has one gene (fast or slow, never both), so dominant or recessive does not matter with females.

If your chick has slow feathering, then at least one parent must have slow feathering.

The possible options:

--both parents slow feathering, all chicks slow feathering
--father fast, mother slow, makes sexlink chicks (slow sons, fast daughters)
--father pure for slow feathering, mother fast, all chicks are slow feathering
--father has slow feathering but carries fast feathering, mother fast, some sons each speed, some daughters each speed
--father has slow feathering but carries fast feathering, mother slow, all sons will be slow but some daughters will be each speed

Genes involved:
Males have sex chromosomes ZZ, with one gene for fast or slow feathering on each Z chromosome.
Females have sex chromosomes ZW, with a gene for fast or slow feathering only on the Z chromosome.

Male inherits Z from each parent, gives Z to each chick.
Female inherits Z from her father and gives it to her sons, inherits W from her mother and gives it to her daughters (that makes them female.)

Slow feathering is dominant, so a male with one gene for fast and one for slow will have slow feathering, but can give either one to his chicks. A female only has one gene (fast or slow, never both), so dominant or recessive does not matter with females.
Very informative answer. By the way my bird does have a small size for a cockerel, its 3 months old and looks like an adult dwarfchicken. I am really hoping for a female 😊

@NatJ I just searched and found that ISA brown is a cross between Rhode island red and Rhode island white, if you know what kind of genes they carry, we are one step close to the identification!
Plus Rhode island white might be the reason for my chick being white!

Back
Top Bottom