German New Hampshire

Hi everyone!
I too, am looking for a few German line NH chicks. I tried hatching eggs this spring but only 2 survived to hatch (currently 2 days old) I was hoping for 6-8 straight run out of 16 eggs. Please if anyone can help me out, with even a trio of chicks, that would be great. PM appreciated!
Geoff

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I too, am looking for a few German line NH chicks. I tried hatching eggs this spring but only 2 survived to hatch (currently 2 days old) I was hoping for 6-8 straight run out of 16 eggs. Please if anyone can help me out, with even a trio of chicks, that would be great. PM appreciated!

It took me awhile to find some too but I finally got some from sunsetmeadowfarm.com you can also try eightacrefarm. Good luck

My babies are growing fast! I am so excited! I can't wait until they are big enough to start free ranging. They are starting to get their black tail tips and looking good. Hope everyone is staying cool this summer. It is hot as heck here in Louisiana.

My babies are 2-1/2 months old now and getting big. I have one more girl than I do boys so i will have to get rid of some roos soon.

Howdy, folks. I still need to do a read-back of the thread, but I thought I'd share some pics of my handsome boys (got them as chicks from Eight Acres). The girls are great, too, they just won't sit still to pose for me. The boys like to vogue.
lau.gif

They are named for the colors of their leg bands.

Boy Blue:

Joe Black (a character if ever there was one...):

Earl Grey (most promising breeder, I think) - didn't catch him full broadside, but he's a big fella:

- Ant Farm

Thanks - I am! I like to go out and just watch them. They are almost the calmest cockerels I've had (I have a Naked Neck rooster named Tank who is also super docile). The three pullets are a bit bossy to the littler girls - only one has the black tips on the hackles. I think that's also the only one laying so far. I'm actually considering getting more chicks this spring inthe hopes of getting more pullets to start with.

For fun, here's Tank. (His coloring is similar, tail growing back from a molt here - he's a sweet boy, and protects his girls well).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom