Getting 3 Baby Chicks!!!

The chicks are one week old today and they have started eating out of my hand and walking on my hand :). They are all so sweet I just can't pick a a favorite, I will post pictures tonight of their wing feathers that are starting to come in.

Love this thread! It is so exciting when you get chicks. We got our first 6 last Easter (1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Barred Rock, and 3 Speckled Sussex (unfortunately just lost one a couple weeks ago due to a neighbor's dog that got loose :( ). We are getting 4 new chicks (Swedish Flower Hens) right before Easter if the hatch goes well for the person selling them to us. Can't wait!

Love this thread! It is so exciting when you get chicks. We got our first 6 last Easter (1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Barred Rock, and 3 Speckled Sussex (unfortunately just lost one a couple weeks ago due to a neighbor's dog that got loose :( ). We are getting 4 new chicks (Swedish Flower Hens) right before Easter if the hatch goes well for the person selling them to us. Can't wait!
Yay! I love swedish flower hens!

As promised here are pictures of the chicks. You can see the lovely wing feathers that are growing in:

Wig Dog has the most wing feather growth so far:

(Yes I know the nipple is much too low, I will be moving it up tomorrow, they also have a normal waterer just in case that one is too low for them to drink from)

This is Sheldon, it was hard to get a good picture of her wings:

And last, but not least, Ellen Degeneres!

I hope she develops some nice lacing!

The chicks are doing very well, they are eating out of my hand and seem to be excited when I put my hand in, especially Ellen! I absolutely love them!

As promised here are pictures of the chicks. You can see the lovely wing feathers that are growing in:

Wig Dog has the most wing feather growth so far:

(Yes I know the nipple is much too low, I will be moving it up tomorrow, they also have a normal waterer just in case that one is too low for them to drink from)

This is Sheldon, it was hard to get a good picture of her wings:

And last, but not least, Ellen Degeneres!

I hope she develops some nice lacing!

The chicks are doing very well, they are eating out of my hand and seem to be excited when I put my hand in, especially Ellen! I absolutely love them!

They are so cute! Where did the name Wig Dog come from?

They are so cute! Where did the name Wig Dog come from?
Lol, my mother thought of it, I don't really know.
lau.gif
I am going to start calling her Wiggy or Diggy.

Today the chicks turned 2 weeks old and yesterday they got their bedding switched to pine shavings for the first time! Before they just used paper towels. Here is a picture of the brooder with fresh pine shavings:

Also I am going to add a higher roost later today or tomorrow, all they have to roost on right now are a couple of nice sticks I found outside. Because the chicks are 2 weeks old they get their first treat today! I am not sure what this treat will be yet but I will post a picture when I feed it to them.

Thanks for reading!

(Ellen Degeneres is the black chick in the front, the other two are in the back)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom