Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Thank you bama biddy...I got General Lee from a breeder in newnan ga which is 100 miles south of me. GL's sire is a blue ribbon best of show bird from breeder stock out of new hampshire I think he said. He had more rooster's from the last clutch than he needed so he made me a really good deal on this one and he turned out "PURTY"...! :)

Thank you bama biddy...I got General Lee from a breeder in newnan ga which is 100 miles south of me. GL's sire is a blue ribbon best of show bird from breeder stock out of new hampshire I think he said. He had more rooster's from the last clutch than he needed so he made me a really good deal on this one and he turned out "PURTY"...! :)

hmm.png

What'd he call me?

gig.gif

piglett...are those buffs english...? I have an english rooster (87.5% english) covering american standard bo's tryin to get bigger hens/eggs. I hope my experiment works. Trying to get some size in the flock. Have you tried that...? I Have a GREAT rooster...he is a beauty...I lucked onto him at between 5-6 months old. His name is 'General Lee', at least one of his offspring will be 'Jeb Stewart' :) Hoping to get some of the english size yet maintain the good laying characteristics of the AM standard bo's.

This is my 1st post but both my wife and I have been following this thread for several months now...we have read it all and look forward every day to see what's happening.

Here is a picture of 'the General'.

Oz...glad you made it home safe and sound. I was reading about all the flying problems in that area (as news items) and was wondering how things were going.
chuck
the General is a fine looking roo

mine comes from a line that meets the standards of profection for the breed

& yes he has some english in him

i now have him over his daughters (line breeding)

& so far the offspring have turned out very large

piglett...are those buffs english...? I have an english rooster (87.5% english) covering american standard bo's tryin to get bigger hens/eggs. I hope my experiment works. Trying to get some size in the flock. Have you tried that...? I Have a GREAT rooster...he is a beauty...I lucked onto him at between 5-6 months old. His name is 'General Lee', at least one of his offspring will be 'Jeb Stewart' :) Hoping to get some of the english size yet maintain the good laying characteristics of the AM standard bo's.

This is my 1st post but both my wife and I have been following this thread for several months now...we have read it all and look forward every day to see what's happening.

Here is a picture of 'the General'.

Oz...glad you made it home safe and sound. I was reading about all the flying problems in that area (as news items) and was wondering how things were going.
chuck

That's a fine looking man!

Back
Top Bottom