Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

caf.gif
pop.gif
fl.gif

OZ show that pig what an ax looks like

maybe she gives up the piggy's......?

things are a mess @ my place

culled 25 birds today

purchased a plane ticket for my wife so she could go visit her family in the Philippines

paid for a "lap child" ticket

then i get an email a few days later saying i needed to call the airlines direct (Air China)

airline starts telling me 1 thing (no lap child seat left for the flight that day)

travle agent (online) tells me another thing (it will not be a problem, just call the airline)

at one point i was even told to just show up @ the airport & pay a small fee for the child

i told them they were crazy
smack.gif

better than a thousand dollars hangs in the balance

turns out i needed to change the day of the flight to 4 days later

then call the airline direct for the lap child seat

if i had to do it all over again i might have just purchased a second seat

but @ 4 months old the baby can not yet sit up

so a seat for an adult is worthless.

ordered a dozen white leghorn day old pullets for my sexlink project

they will arrive next month

piglett

Last edited:

piglett

Hey piglett, I heard that white leghorns were not a good choice to make sexlinkeds with due to the autosomal dominant white gene that will hide sex-linked traits

OZ show that pig what an ax looks like

maybe she gives up the piggy's......?

things are a mess @ my place

culled 25 birds today

purchased a plane ticket for my wife so she could go visit her family in the Philippines

paid for a "lap child" ticket

then i get an email a few days later saying i needed to call the airlines direct (Air China)

airline starts telling me 1 thing (no lap child seat left for the flight that day)

travle agent (online) tells me another thing (it will not be a problem)

at one point i was even told to just show up @ the airport & pay a small fee for the child

i told them they were crazy

better than a thousand dollars hangs in the balance 

turns out i neede to change the day of the flight (4 days later)

then call the airline direct for the lap child seat

if i had to do it all over again i might have just purchased a second seat

but @ 4 months old the baby can not yet sit up 

so a seat an adult seat is worthless.

piglett

Hello Sir,

This would be the first time your baby visiting the Philippines? Then it should be a summer vacation. Wheres your wife's place here in Phil?

About the sexlink project, what would be the the partner of leghorn pullet to make sexlink chick?.

Hey piglett, I heard that white leghorns were not a good choice to make sexlinkeds with due to the autosomal dominant white gene that will hide sex-linked traits

Hello Sir,

This would be the first time your baby visiting the Philippines? Then it should be a summer vacation. Wheres your wife's place here in Phil?

About the sexlink project, what would be the the partner of leghorn pullet to make sexlink chick?.
i "hope" to put a red rooster over the white leghorns

this "should" result in red females & silver males at birth

Mickmeek my wife is from Romblon province that is where we were married 5 years ago

1st time my inlaws will see their made in usa grandchild

Last edited:
i "hope" to put a red rooster over the white leghorns this "should" result in red females & silver males at birth Mickmeek my wife is from Romblon province that is where we were married 5 years ago 1st time my inlaws will see their made in usa grandchild
You know how Filipinos love imports from the US, they will definitely spoil their grandchild. The baby is very much like you. Super cute baby. :) So if the white leghorn pullet cross with RIR roo, you will have sexlink chicks?

Last edited:
Very cute kid you got there.
thank you Mpgo

You know how Filipinos love imports from the US, they will definitely spoil their grandchild.
The baby is very much like you. Super cute baby.
smile.png

So if the white leghorn pullet cross with RIR roo, you will have sexlink chicks?

i am getting some information saying that leghorns will not work

if that is the case i will sell them @ 8 weeks of age & get some Rhode Island White chicks

i know they will work but they can be hard to find in some places

around here you can order female leghorn chicks at any feed store for around p100 each

Back
Top Bottom