Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have been looking at Wilsons the kind that you use in the car.... My home is in a dead zone... you can get a signal in like four foot square patches.... but you have to move around because the patch moves....

And my pay as you go little phone is quite capable of attaining enough signal to do a hand shake find out how much time I have left and let me know.... then the one bar disappears....
somad.gif
Same for here at the house.... So I was hoping by using a Wilson in my truck I could have cell reception here and at the house....

Dont need internet or wifi jsut the abiliy to make a decent phone call.

deb

Hah, we live in the 'civilized world' and can pretty much see the tower from the house. Calls still drop
tongue.png
Some companies just well.. suck. Years ago I had Verizon, I loved them, I could walk into the walk-in cooler at work and still have signal
lol.png

Quote:
Yep I have Verizon Both places one in the City and one in the country.... Here in the city we are within about three hundred feet from the power transmission lines that cross through San Diego county... when its a foggy night you can hear them buzzzzz. Then the ones at my house are blocked by BIg Pink (iron imbeded) Granite Rocks.

If you have a Blackberry with a three hundred dollar a month service you get reception just fine..... Urrrg . But I use less than 100 minutes of Cell per YEAR. Just for emergencies, Asking what people want for dinner, and to let people know where you are and how long you will be before you get home.

So I want one of those boosters that I can take with me... I can ASSUME they have a range of at least eighteen acres?

hopehopehope hope.... um hope.

deb

The repeaters work well for your purpose but only in a small area. They will provide signal all over a house.

The car versions will only work in or very close to your car.

They are not actually permitted in the Philippines on the grounds that they interfere with other customers. Recently SMART forced the removal of then from scores of office buildings in Manila.

The one that I use is good for 2500 sq feet from the antenna.

We can pick up 3G from down a few villages if we sit on the beach as there are not 4 gazillion coconut trees in the way. But again it's only just there in the mornings.

There are no phone lines in most of the Philippines. The copper is too valuable and they get torn down before installation is complete by bandits specializing in it lol.

The cell phone has been an incredible life changer here. Most are pay as you go but they have packages that make them very economical. For 50cents you can talk and text all day by signing up for a package and then use a prefix before you call.

The down side is that people are so addicted to cell phones that they buy cell phone "load" over better nutrition.

The repeaters work well for your purpose but only in a small area. They will provide signal all over a house.

The car versions will only work in or very close to your car.

They are not actually permitted in the Philippines on the grounds that they interfere with other customers. Recently SMART forced the removal of then from scores of office buildings in Manila.

The one that I use is good for 2500 sq feet from the antenna.

We can pick up 3G from down a few villages if we sit on the beach as there are not 4 gazillion coconut trees in the way. But again it's only just there in the mornings.

There are no phone lines in most of the Philippines. The copper is too valuable and they get torn down before installation is complete by bandits specializing in it lol.

The cell phone has been an incredible life changer here. Most are pay as you go but they have packages that make them very economical. For 50cents you can talk and text all day by signing up for a package and then use a prefix before you call.

The down side is that people are so addicted to cell phones that they buy cell phone "load" over better nutrition.

Wilson makes two... One for the car and one for the house.... They cost the same So I assume they are equivalent. Hmmm I need to dig further. they are around three hundred dollars so I dont want to have to buy two.

deb
pop.gif
caf.gif

Yep I have Verizon Both places one in the City and one in the country.... Here in the city we are within about three hundred feet from the power transmission lines that cross through San Diego county... when its a foggy night you can hear them buzzzzz. Then the ones at my house are blocked by BIg Pink (iron imbeded) Granite Rocks.

If you have a Blackberry with a three hundred dollar a month service you get reception just fine..... Urrrg . But I use less than 100 minutes of Cell per YEAR. Just for emergencies, Asking what people want for dinner, and to let people know where you are and how long you will be before you get home.

So I want one of those boosters that I can take with me... I can ASSUME they have a range of at least eighteen acres?

hopehopehope hope.... um hope.

deb

I barely use my phone.

Hubby calls me on his way home and I call the DRs office every now and again and that's it. I avoid phone calls like the plague
lol.png
Last time I spoke to any of my family on the phone, my mom had died.... that was last year.

I finished this thread a few days ago, it probably took me 3 months, and then read Sally's cabinet coolerbator thread cause I needed to start building before my wife finds the cash I stashed for it.
A little about me: I work at a marina on Julington creek in Jax, Fl and I caretake a 15 acre lot on the St. Johns river. I moved onto the property about ten months ago and started a garden in the sand plus an open air coop with run (12 x 48). I have started with 27 chicks from McMurray all arived alive and I havent killed any in the 11 weeks I have had them.
I have:
11 buff orps
10 barred rocks
5 blue andalusians
1 buff laced polish
I have thoroughly enjoyed your story and just wanted to say thanks for the ride it has been interesting. Thanks to you and all who have participated in the sharing of knowledge. I will try to process it and apply accordingly and I will share what I learn as I go. Thanks again and God bless ya'll and your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom