Ghost Barring question.

Here's a Paint pullet I have currently. Planning a couple breeding experiments with her at some point.
I need to get updated pictures of her.
20231011_133610.jpg

It might. I haven't really dabbled in this yet, so can't say for sure.

It may look better then just White & Red. Isa Brown roosters are Silver based due to sex linking, unlike the hens which only inherited the gold/red, & dominant white.
That’s awesome to know. When covid hit I got laid off from a career in the oilfield. My chicken hobby/obsession has lasted longer than expected. 🤭 I’m just now getting into breeding and TRYING to learn the genetics! Your help has been great!

Here's a Paint pullet I have currently. Planning a couple breeding experiments with her at some point.
I need to get updated pictures of her.View attachment 3740825
How cool! I’m really liking the paint color too and also take a huge liking to blues. I’m in ND so it’s cold here. Most farming families want good egg layers that are cold hardy. I’ve always been into pretty birds that are more pets so I’m trying to do a combo of both! 🫣 I absolutely love D’Uccles so I’m going to start looking into options. I will need as much luck as possible lol! Here’s a paint I have along with some new babies that look more painted up! Very cool birds!

Attachments

• IMG_4708.jpeg
    IMG_4708.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 5
How cool! I’m really liking the paint color too and also take a huge liking to blues. I’m in ND so it’s cold here. Most farming families want good egg layers that are cold hardy. I’ve always been into pretty birds that are more pets so I’m trying to do a combo of both! 🫣 I absolutely love D’Uccles so I’m going to start looking into options. I will need as much luck as possible lol! Here’s a paint I have along with some new babies that look more painted up! Very cool birds!
They look good. I heard breeding to black will bring out more black splotches in paints.
I live in Michigan, so we're dealing with cold weather too, though it's not as bad as it was.

Here's my paint pullet's father. He's a paint with Red Leakage.
He's an American Gamefowl/Marans cross.
20211115_140902.jpg
The mother of my paint pullet is a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock.
20201126_120412.jpg

It could make a Blue Paints, when bred to paint. But you can expect solid blues, & blacks also, with red leakage.
View attachment 3741019
I have some barred Cochin bantams I ordered. The girls are dark and the boys are super light. Woukd this be considered blue or black. I just can’t call them black.

Attachments

• A0D37463-C4DB-47D5-9EC9-AA7ED35F30F6.jpeg
    A0D37463-C4DB-47D5-9EC9-AA7ED35F30F6.jpeg
    580.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DE561EF8-421E-45AF-A39E-7CCA2AC300BF.jpeg
    DE561EF8-421E-45AF-A39E-7CCA2AC300BF.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom