Giant Indiana swap 8-18-07

We went. It was a lot of fun, even though we didn't buy any animals. I REALLY wanted a silkie or two, but oh well. Maybe next year.

I was pretty disgusted by the people with all the puppies of different breeds for sale. Puppy mills are absolutely AWFUL! :mad: One older woman had a young dog stuffed in a small crate, and he was COVERED in mange. She had another in her hands and was kissing it, smushing it to her face, et cetera.
th.gif
It was revolting; I felt SO sorry for that poor pup. And then some of the poultry were crammed pretty tight into their cages, but they looked pretty healthy, so oh well.

Despite that, it WAS quite a bit of fun.
smile.png

We've got our poor mother believing we purchased a kangaroo. (One lady did have a little joey for sale. Did you guys see it?
love.gif
) I put our jackets in a bundle and carried it out the the shed. We even put water out there!
lau.gif
We told her it's name is 'Lucy'.
lol.png
She's very mad right now.

Eh, I can't remember.
roll.png
But the lady also had a mountain catamundie (I was kind of sickened by that- that's something that should NOT be a pet. And I know I spelled that wrong
big_smile.png
) .

Yeah, I was too. I almost wanted to go up to one of them and start yelling. But I didn't. Thank goodness.
smile.png

Missed that too. We were walking fast as time was short and I was trying to find what I didn't find anyway. Wish I would have been a little earlier or slower, would have come home w/columbian wyandotte bantams instead of light brahmas......

I went to the swap meet, it was my first one. I loved it, too bad I don't have more room and money or I would have came back with a whole truckload! I did come home with a pen of light brahma bantams and a fainting goat that i named Boo. I do agree that some of those dogs were treated badly and I saw a few goats that looked very sickly.

Came home w/pen of light brahma bantams........must have been the show for them......

Altho if I had more patience or time would have went home w/some columbian wyandotte bantams....kicked myself for not having more room to take them home.

There was a pair of silver laced wyandotte bantams...did anyone that's on this website buy them? If so contact me as I'd like to buy some eggs or chicks next spring....

Last edited:
I went with my daughter and my sister. I know some of the conditions were not ideal. But I just assumed that it was because of the location of the sale. Anyway, we had fun. Items bought:

Me,

6 Standard Cochins, 2 mandarin ducks & 2 Guineas.

Daughter,
2 emperor scorpions....YUCK

Sister,

One green-cheeked conure, one puppy and 2 bird cages.

Back
Top Bottom