GOAL: Chicken Coop for under $50 with Pallets! (**Progress Pics!**)

wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
yesss.gif

COOP UPDATE!

we finally got back to working on the coop this weekend. A couple friends came over to help us out in the heat. so nice.

We put walls up inside and worked on the drop door.
We also got some of the linoleum down but we did not have enough so we need to get the rest of it.

We had to buy the plywood that we put inside so our budget of $50 got met this weekend, so paint will put us over our goal, but I think we did pretty good. We just need to get the rest of the linoleum down then we will paint it and get the run done!

We need to get them to their new home so they have a proper place to lay!!

Here are some pics and I took a vid that I posted on youtube here

Here is their little chicken door

The people door! We need to put a nice handle on it.

The linoleum on the floor. We ran out so are waiting for more.

We put walls waist high inside

This is the pulley drop door. We are still working out the kinks to this. We want to be able to pull it and lower it form outside so the rope will lead outside.

Next Up: Paint!!

We hit our budget of $50.00 exactly. The only thing we have left to buy is paint so that will put us a little over our original goal, but we are happy with what we have been able to make for so little cost!!

THAT COOP IS SOOOO NICE!!!!!

You guys really did a great job on it. I was finally able to watch the video last night.
You have really inspired me to use these pallets with my new coop so yesterday I went grabbed about 17 of em and I'm goin back for more!

THAT COOP IS SOOOO NICE!!!!!
You guys really did a great job on it. I was finally able to watch the video last night.
You have really inspired me to use these pallets with my new coop so yesterday I went grabbed about 17 of em and I'm goin back for more!
Thanks Monster!

It has been a fun challenge to stay close to as little to no cost as possible. It can definitely be done!
Good luck!!

You should start a thread of yours so we can see. Then link it here so we know where to go

Way to go! We're having to put off our chicken plans until next year...good news that gives me a whole year to plan the coop and they type of chickens we want...bad news...it gives me a whole year!

I had quite the eveneful morning today.

peacocks in out backyard!!

I was nervous at one point that one would jump into our chicken run!

Here is a vid of the big pretty one.

there are a couple other vids on my blog of some white ones that showed up too!! click HERE for more vids
Not to thread jack, but I had a darn peacock in my yard the other day too! No idea where it came from as we're surrounded by forest and farm land...but he was SO big. His tail was about 5' long...I'm not even exaggerating either. lol

I came home and there he was, laying under one of the trees.

Not to thread jack, but I had a darn peacock in my yard the other day too! No idea where it came from as we're surrounded by forest and farm land...but he was SO big. His tail was about 5' long...I'm not even exaggerating either. lol

I came home and there he was, laying under one of the trees.

WOW... he is georgous!!! I love peacocks!! are you gonna keep it??

NO!!! NO!!! Don't buy paint... check out freecycle!! when you are looking for something or need something always post your want ads on freecycle first!! ppl have all kinds of things laying around their house that they don't want or need... i have never gotten very lucky but i know ALOT of ppl that have...

Back
Top Bottom