Goat Thread

Thank you. Do you offer baking soda for bloating, or is that a myth?
Not a myth, it works in emergency situations and so does burping them. I actually give them doTERRA digest zen tablets because they love to eat them and there's nothing bad for them in there.
Have you ever used pumpkin seeds or herbal dewormers? I know this is a myth for chickens, but I know close to nothing about goats. But they seem to require a lower dosage for deworming, so maybe it works??
I've given those things but not in a worm overload situation. If your goat is down worm it with a double wormer protocol, don't throw pumpkin guts at it😉🤣

I do not own goats, so I won't be much of a help but I have done lots of research as I'm considering getting NDs too.
I highly recommend reading "Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats". I've learned a lot from it, and even of you decide to go with meat goats it has a lot of useful information still.

I haven't found many YouTube channels, but I do like this lady. I've found myself mostly watching the goat birth videos, since that's what I've always been most worried about. I think it helps to see what owning them is really like so you you know what to expect.

Horned kids can. Polled to polled breedings can result in hermaphroditic and sterile goats. That's why I don't want anymore of them.

Your breeder disbudded them😉

Polled is being born without horns. They can't grow them at all. They have loose skin over their horn buttons as babies versus tight skin and a pointy bump.
Oops. Forgot what it was called. 😬 Thanks for the correction!

I do not own goats, so I won't be much of a help but I have done lots of research as I'm considering getting NDs too.
I highly recommend reading "Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats". I've learned a lot from it, and even of you decide to go with meat goats it has a lot of useful information still.

I haven't found many YouTube channels, but I do like this lady. I've found myself mostly watching the goat birth videos, since that's what I've always been most worried about. I think it helps to see what owning them is really like so you you know what to expect.
Yes. I watch a lot of births. Thank you! Weed 'em & Reap is my favorite. They seem pretty reputable.

Back
Top Bottom