Golden Comet Chickens, HELP!

Quote:
Mt. Healthy is my only experience,so far, and I've been very pleased. All the chicks I got were very healthy and robust from the get-go. I only had one with a minor pasty butt problem and that cleared up right away. I did pick my chicks up. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Cincinnati is pretty far from Texas!
smile.png

Susan

Here are mine at 8 wks old...and they prefer that I only feed them. Really don't like me to hold them. My black sexlinks are much friendlier but I have hopes for these:

ginger5.jpg

ginger_body.jpg

heShee_face.jpg

My comets are from Mt. Healthy too. My kids lug them around all of the time. They are big pets that want to come in the house. They ignore the cats, and if one is to close, the put their heads down and charge them.

Well, they are entertaining, friendly, smart, and hardy. Ours are all entering middle age now, so they don't lay as much and not in the winter at all. But we're still happy to have them around.
smile.png

I never knew they could have allot of variation in color. i have three golden comets. Mines peep to much when i hold them but my red sex links are soo sweet....lets see how they are once they are older!

Back
Top Bottom